Tabletop Games

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
I used to love tabletop games as a kid, and I've recently gotten back into them (my friends and I started holding board game nights about eight months ago, when we all realised we were pretty broke and couldn't afford to go out anywhere). So I thought I'd start a thread for people to discuss and recommend their favourites :)

My current favourite is Ticket to Ride. I have the Europe version, but there's lots of different maps you can get (although I'm fairly sure the gameplay is almost identical). The basic idea is to build train routes on the board according to the cards you are dealt. It's a nice combination of strategy and luck.

I like playing trouble but my family hates it. We play Life sometimes but my son will make all the girls sit in the back of his car and it always ends with my daughter punching him and me having to break them up.

I got that Wii board game edition and it makes playing mouse trap fun because you don't have someone bumping the table making the trap fall by mistake.

We have the British version of Cards Against Humanity, which is great (they changed a lot of the cards that wouldn't make sense over here, some of the Britain-specific ones are really funny). I like that it's a good game for larger groups of people, because a lot of tabletop games (even card games) don't work well with more than 5 or 6 players.

Plus, you can make some hysterical card combinations.

Reactions: ledboots
I like playing trouble but my family hates it. We play Life sometimes but my son will make all the girls sit in the back of his car and it always ends with my daughter punching him and me having to break them up.

I got that Wii board game edition and it makes playing mouse trap fun because you don't have someone bumping the table making the trap fall by mistake.

British translation time!
Trouble = Ludo/Frustration
Life = Game of Life, I'm guessing?

I love Ludo, it's one I used to play a lot when I was younger :) I have game of life on my iPad, which I play from time to time, but it's not my favourite.

Reactions: Second Summer
British translation time!
Trouble = Ludo/Frustration
Life = Game of Life, I'm guessing?

I love Ludo, it's one I used to play a lot when I was younger :) I have game of life on my iPad, which I play from time to time, but it's not my favourite.

I googled Ludo/Frustration and yep! That’s the one. I like monopoly but it takes too long.

Cards against humanity is great. :p

I like monopoly too, but it takes forever and I'm a bit of a sore winner. :D When I was deployed, we played Sorry so much. Mostly because it's all we had to keep ourselves entertained.

Did you know Wil Wheaton has a web series dedicated to table top games? Might be worth checking out.

I googled Ludo/Frustration and yep! That’s the one. I like monopoly but it takes too long.

I have a love/hate relationship with monopoly. It takes too long and I never win, but I still like it.

That sounds awesome. :p

I used to play 'Grass' a lot - it is hella fun with the right people.

http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Games-EUG205-Grass-Card-Game/dp/B0006HCA64

That looks pretty good! Might have to get it :)

Cards against humanity is great. :p

I like monopoly too, but it takes forever and I'm a bit of a sore winner. :D When I was deployed, we played Sorry so much. Mostly because it's all we had to keep ourselves entertained.

Did you know Wil Wheaton has a web series dedicated to table top games? Might be worth checking out.

Don't know what Sorry is, I googled it and I don't think we have it over here...

And I know of the show, Wil Wheaton is where I get most of my recommendations :)