Studying

Deniza

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everybpdy. I need some help.
So I am a junior in high school right now (abroad). This year I was settled in the left side of the dormitory. The thing is right under my windows there are men selling chickens in small dirty cages. I have seen them killing the chickens and selling. They cry and shoout. And at night... They cry again, locked up in thise cages. It is problematic to get another room, but I don't know if I can live with it any longer. It has been two days and I am already on stress and shaking. I can't relax and concentrate. More, I feel the need to get used to it which creeps me out. Advice please? How to explain the need to move? What to do?
Those chickens got me thinking that I want to study to help animals. What can I study to help animals murdered for food, clothing, cosmetics etc. ?

Although it may be difficult to get moved, you can at least try. Explain how you feel to the appropriate adult and that this is a serious issue for you. If you feel awkward to explain your feelings about animals, you could always say you cannot sleep well due to the noise.

If you want to help animals murdered for food, clothing and cosmetics, you could become an activist in the future when you are older. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to walk the street with a banner handing out fliers or break into farms, it could simply mean making a modest pledge to yourself to speak to 10 people about veganism within a year in the hope that one sees the light. However at this point the best thing you can do is to educate yourself. First make sure your own diet is a success by knowing about nutrition to set a good example, and read enough books and films so that you can become an expert. We can give you some examples if you need.

When you say "study" do you mean like college/University degree or course. Really not sure although found the links below with a quick google
http://www.lescitesdor.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34&sid=0a996b2fd842aa13cce9dfaf2910a95d
http://www.forksoverknives.com/care...tion-options-for-action-in-an-emerging-field/

EDIT October 9th: The first of those two links is a mistake. I pasted the wrong one. Please ignore.

Last edited:
What a horrible situation to be in! I can't even imagine. I think personally I would try to move to another room. I would contact whoever is in charge of this and explain that I can't study and concentrate with all that going on below me. Maybe if the dorm is full, someone else would be willing to exchange rooms if you advertise you are seeking to move to another room. It's been many years since I lived in a dorm, but it seems like I remember people doing this, exchanging rooms due to not getting along with roommates and so on.

Although it may be difficult to get moved, you can at least try. Explain how you feel to the appropriate adult and that this is a serious issue for you. If you feel awkward to explain your feelings about animals, you could always say you cannot sleep well due to the noise.

If you want to help animals murdered for food, clothing and cosmetics, you could become an activist in the future when you are older. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to walk the street with a banner handing out fliers or break into farms, it could simply mean making a modest pledge to yourself to speak to 10 people about veganism within a year in the hope that one sees the light. However at this point the best thing you can do is to educate yourself. First make sure your own diet is a success by knowing about nutrition to set a good example, and read enough books and films so that you can become an expert. We can give you some examples if you need.

When you say "study" do you mean like college/University degree or course. Really not sure although found the links below with a quick google
http://www.lescitesdor.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34&sid=0a996b2fd842aa13cce9dfaf2910a95d
http://www.forksoverknives.com/care...tion-options-for-action-in-an-emerging-field/

Thank you for your answer. I am living with it right now. I was so busy with everything, but I will still try to move, I have a chance.
Yeah, I mean a college degree. The first link was to a french forum and I could not find anything. Thank you for the second one.

My apologies for the first one. That has nothing to do with food or animals, ignore that. It was a mistake. I suppose I had various windows/tabs opened and probably just pasted the wrong one, or something like that. Sorry.