Health Issues Some interesting ideas for home remedies.

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I suppose these things are cheap and harmless to try, but it sounds like woo-woo to me.
I've often considered acupuncture and chiropractor as woo-woo. but then so many people think it works. Can they all be wrong?

But yeah, cheap and harmless - worth a shot.

We need some test subjects. :)

I've heard to press on the webbing between thumb and index finger for a headache, didn't work for me
I'm interested in the clearing stuffy nose remedy,but I rarely have stuffy nose @SuicideBlonde !Try this!

I have one tip for burns that really worked great. I had just read to put the membrane skin of an onion on a burn, and burned my wrist on the oven rack. I had just peeled an onion :grinning: peeled off the membrane between layers and applied to the area after running cool water on it, and it not only was relieving, but healed very well! I am very familiar with burns, so I know what this could have been like!

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I have never heard of any of these. Do they work?
Some of them seem related to acupuncture.

they are not woo woo - I have been using reflexology on myself for around 30 years or so - and it works, especially the migraine one - reflexology is acupuncture without the needles

I used to get migraines and I never do anymore and I have helped countless people, over the years, by passing on that rubbing of the area at the bottom of the thumb and finger. I am self taught from an amazing book, which if I had to leave everything else behind and could only take one book, this is the book I would take...

Body Reflexology: Healing at Your Fingertips, Revised and Updated Edition

by Mildred Carter & Tammy Weber

it is all about blood flow, within the body, energy lines etc

I also have not been to a doctor (other than the dentist) in over 20 years and part of that I attribute to being conscious of what is happening in my body and addressing a symptom/pain etc immediately.

It is a wonderful uplifting book and if you can afford the $25 it is well worth it. IMO

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I've heard to press on the webbing between thumb and index finger for a headache, didn't work for me
I'm interested in the clearing stuffy nose remedy,but I rarely have stuffy nose @SuicideBlonde !Try this!

In my opinion, the video is incorrect in how it shows the thumb/index finger rub - if you have a headache and you slide the thumb of, say, your right hand down the bone of the index finger of your left hand, all the way to the bottom where it meets the bone of your thumb such that the pressure of your right thumb is on the bone still of the index finger, you will find a sore spot on that bone, that is where you spend, maybe a minute, pressing for 10 seconds on the sore spot, relaxing for 10 seconds, and do it again a max of 5 - 7 times - warning: it may make you feel nauseous (like the migraine does) and it will hurt and then suddenly it won't hurt anymore and your headache will likely be gone or will be lessened, if your left hand is not sore then try it on your right hand with your left thumb...

just rubbing in the webbing is not addressing the actual place that needs to be addressed

where there is pain, there is a blockage and rubbing helps to increase the blood flow

my honey and I often give each other foot rubs and we look for the painful areas and use the same method, 10 seconds on 10 seconds off until the pain is gone or lessened

I could go on and on.......... oops I already have. :D

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
In my opinion, the video is incorrect in how it shows the thumb/index finger rub - if you have a headache and you slide the thumb of, say, your right hand down the bone of the index finger of your left hand, all the way to the bottom where it meets the bone of your thumb such that the pressure of your right thumb is on the bone still of the index finger, you will find a sore spot on that bone, that is where you spend, maybe a minute, pressing for 10 seconds on the sore spot, relaxing for 10 seconds, and do it again a max of 5 - 7 times - warning: it may make you feel nauseous (like the migraine does) and it will hurt and then suddenly it won't hurt anymore and your headache will likely be gone or will be lessened, if your left hand is not sore then try it on your right hand with your left thumb...

just rubbing in the webbing is not addressing the actual place that needs to be addressed

where there is pain, there is a blockage and rubbing helps to increase the blood flow

my honey and I often give each other foot rubs and we look for the painful areas and use the same method, 10 seconds on 10 seconds off until the pain is gone or lessened

I could go on and on.......... oops I already have. :D

Emma JC
I didn't really look at the site explaination--how you describe the process is what I knew, and it didn't help me,nor my son who would get migraines frequently. A slice of ginger helps me.
What's your take on the nasal congestion technique?
There is a massage place near me that's known for their foot massages. I've been thinking of going

Reactions: Emma JC
I didn't really look at the site explaination--how you describe the process is what I knew, and it didn't help me,nor my son who would get migraines frequently. A slice of ginger helps me.
What's your take on the nasal congestion technique?
There is a massage place near me that's known for their foot massages. I've been thinking of going

I don't have time to go back and watch what they said for that, however, if you google it there are many pressure points throughout the body for sinus and this is one of them:

The joint near the bridge of your nose and eye socket is the area most affected by nasal congestion. Use your thumbs on the inner point of each eyebrow, in line with the side of the nose. Press for 30 seconds and release, repeat until you feel the pain relieve.

There are some in the feet as well.

Also, for migraine, putting two tennis balls in a sock and lying on them under your neck (occipital tuberocities) can also help.

Emma JC