So, I'm Vegan -- What Do I Feed My Cat? (Catster article)

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
So, I'm Vegan -- What Do I Feed My Cat?

I feed her meat, of course. She's a carnivore. But it hasn't been easy coming to terms with feeding animals to my animal.
Maeve Connor | Aug 9th 2012 | 42 Contributions

When I was 9, I announced to my parents that I wasn't going to eat cows or pigs anymore. They were mammals, just like my cat Jubilee. I loved Jubilee, and I loved animals, especially if they were fuzzy, and I couldn't eat them anymore. I'm sure my parents thought it was a phase, but it stuck, and by the time I turned 14 I was completely vegetarian. When I was 17, I decided to give up all animal products and go completely vegan, because I realized I didn't need to exploit other creatures to live a happy, healthy life.

Going vegan is one of the best decisions I have ever made, and in my seven years of being vegan, I haven't questioned it once. But things got a little more complicated when Agnes came into the picture.

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/ve...-08152012_Catster_newsletter&utm_medium=email

I don't think people should feed their cats fish, for the sake of what's left of the ocean environment.

Would it really be that big a part of a cat's natural diet, anyway?

Reactions: RabbitLuvr