Animal Advocacy Slaughter footage shown on London tube

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A group of animal rights activists have shocked unsuspecting commuters on the London Underground by showing them graphic videos of animal testing and slaughter.

In a series of photos, the masked activists can be seen sitting inside a tube carriage while the brutal footage plays out on laptops perched on their laps.
More: Masked animal rights activists show brutal slaughter footage to commuters (8 Mar 2016)

The footage apparently made the commuters feel uncomfortable.

That was kind of strange, if it went down as the article said. The activists did warn people that the footage was disturbing, so I don't know that the subway riders have much cause to complain unless maybe the sound was turned up. But when asked to talk about the footage/subject, the activists chose to remain silent.

Maybe they just felt that the video said more than words possibly could.

Good for them. :) I'm glad no one bothered them. In the NYC subway, I'm not sure how that would be received.

Btw, I really love reading articles with stuff like "tube carriage" mentioned.

That was kind of strange, if it went down as the article said. The activists did warn people that the footage was disturbing, so I don't know that the subway riders have much cause to complain unless maybe the sound was turned up. But when asked to talk about the footage/subject, the activists chose to remain silent.
The link was shared in an FB group I'm in. IIRC, the person who posted was one of the activists, and she said the article was inaccurate on this point - no commuters complained directly to them or asked to talk about the subject.

The link was shared in an FB group I'm in. IIRC, the person who posted was one of the activists, and she said the article was inaccurate on this point - no commuters complained directly to them or asked to talk about the subject.

How did she describe what happened?

How did she describe what happened?
Alright, I went back and found the post. Here's what she said:
The Earthlings Experience I was involved with in London last weekend has made the Metro today!

The article is lazy and very one sided. We were never asked not to show the footage and we did not harass anyone.

But any publicity is good and raises awareness and prompts further questioning.