Nutrition & Diet Should one who poop for long times go vegan

Ohad

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
  2. Vegetarian
It takes to my father and also my commander a lot of time to stay in the toilet if they want to poop.
I know that a vegan diet is very high in fiber(maybe even to high in many cases), and I know it can affect your digestive system and pooping habits. They are a bit anti vegans, but I wondered if I should advise them to go vegan also because of their time wasting poop habits. It might be a good incentive for them to go vegan.
However, I’m far for being a nutritionist and don’t know if veganism might help them. I also don’t know what caused them to be in this condition, and afraid vegan diet might even make it worse.
If someone is an expert on this topic, please leave your opinion.

I'm not an expert. In fact, since I have never had pooping issues I haven't done as much research as maybe someone who has.

But I do have good foundation in nutrition.

Most Americans are seriously low on fiber. I may have some of these numbers wrong and it might be different in Israel anyway but over here the average number of grams of fiber a day is less than twenty. And the Minimum for good health is way over 20. Vegans typically get over 30.

However you don't have to be vegan to have good amounts of fiber in your diet. But you do need fruits, veggies and less processed foods like whole wheat.

A person could also limit the amount of foods that are considered "binding" and increase the amount of food that is non-binding.

That's an interesting argument for going vegan: Save time/be more productive by taking less time on the toilet. But I doubt it will be convincing. I think not getting diabetes and heart disease are more compelling arguments. However, pooping improvement is readily observable so there is that.

it is an interesting new way to get people to reduce their flesh intake... for fun google the following:

fibre in beef
fibre in pork
fibre in chicken
fibre in cheese
fibre in beans

and ask them to do so also - they may be shocked as meat/flesh looks fibrous

even the following is interesting

fibre in cow milk
fibre in oat milk

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
It also occurred to me that that I have become constipated when I was on certain medications.
I looked it up. These medications can cause constipation
  1. Opioid pain relievers
  2. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
  3. Antihistamines
  4. Tricyclic antidepressants
  5. Urinary incontinence medications
  6. Iron supplements
  7. Blood pressure medications
  8. Anti-nausea medications
I don't think many of those are optional so if they are on any of those than its even more important to

exercise, hydrate, and eat high fiber foods.

It takes to my father and also my commander a lot of time to stay in the toilet if they want to poop.
I know that a vegan diet is very high in fiber(maybe even to high in many cases), and I know it can affect your digestive system and pooping habits. They are a bit anti vegans, but I wondered if I should advise them to go vegan also because of their time wasting poop habits. It might be a good incentive for them to go vegan.
However, I’m far for being a nutritionist and don’t know if veganism might help them. I also don’t know what caused them to be in this condition, and afraid vegan diet might even make it worse.
They are clearly very constipated and stuff is stuck in their colon and intestines. Animal products and fast foods are awful for
helping us go to the bathroom. There are some humans that are so constipated, they only go to the bathroom once a week.
Colon cancer happens because humans are clogged and not moving their bowels enough because of not eating fiber-rich
plant foods. You are well aware, fiber helps us move everything out on a regular basis. Here are some interesting video's to share with your family:

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Going vegan definitely helps with bowel movements, but it also changes the intestinal flora significantly.
As many who have gone vegan will testify, there may be a transitional period where certain bacteria will thrive in the added fiber.
However, microbes that are symbiotic and beneficial in our microbiome are specialized to integrate with our bodies and will eventually become established in our intestinal tract, in cooperation with the immune system.
Over time, everyone benefits from going vegan but consultancy should be based in knowledge and in regard to the specific situation, rather than forum opinions.