Should I do blood work on my cat?

I keep flip flopping on the surgery. o_O
I was all set to do it and after talking to the vet again, she scared me off from doing it...again. She said the biggest concern wasn't whether or not he would wake up from the anesthesia (my biggest worry), it was the long lasting effects of it and that it may make any problems he has worse. So, it's on hold again.

His back teeth don't seem to be bothering him despite how they looked. She wouldn't be removing them anyway unless they were loose, only cleaning them. He doesn't have any problems eating wet and dry food, as well as hard junk food (like doritos once in awhile, I mean rarely...almost never
whistle.gif
).

The only problem I've seen is when he plays, if he tries to bite down on the toys his front tooth bothers him. So, he still plays, he just doesn't bite the toys. Once his teeth start affecting his eating, or making him not want to play or do anything, I'll have to look into getting it done. Not being able to bite the toys isn't a good enough reason to chance ruining his health. There's always the chance the front tooth will fall out on it's own since it's so loose.

Last edited: