Question Should I be a vegetarian

A

Allison

Hi I have recently been thinking of being a vegetarian, but I am not sure. I really don't cook so I have no clue how to even begin.

Hi I have recently been thinking of being a vegetarian, but I am not sure. I really don't cook so I have no clue how to even begin.
Hi, Allison!! :wave: Welcome!! :D

You have no need to feel leery about this.... there are SOOOO many options for you! You should be super proud for taking the first step.

Good people here... I promise. We'll do all we can to help you. :up:

Next month will be two years, flat out, total vegetarian for me.... I even gave up eggs after a few months (except as binder, etc... plus I still eat certain cheeses.... seriously, don't be scared, no one's going to bully or pressure you here... not even the vegans :p) It's a continuous culinary journey that I adore. I absolutely love cooking, but there are so many easy, healthy, delicious veggie dishes you can make with barely any effort at all. Give it a whirl! It's an adventure! Trust me, you'll thank yourself. ;)

:welcome: :starshower:

Last edited:
Yes, yes you should. [emoji4] Hello and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Alison,

welcome to the forum from my side as well!
Do not be dismayed, it is well possible. What are your reasons for considering to go vegetarian?

Best regards,
Andy

Yes! As Madam said, it is an adventure! We discovered so many amazing new foods when we went vegetarian. My husband and I have been "veg" since 2007. I am finding new and exciting recipes every day and you don't have to be a great cook to prepare a lot of them.

Go for it, Allison. If you are not into cooking, there are still so many easy recipes and even some stand-bys that are accidentally veggie, like spaghetti with marinara sauce and whatnot. Chryssie is right about discovering so many new foods. We're happy to help with any questions you might have. Also, check out the first post in this thread for some FAQs.

Reactions: bEt
Being a vegetarian is not too difficult. It will take some time and adjustment in the beginning. If it becomes overwhelming, you can take it step by step, e.g. eating a meat based meal in the evenings until you feel more confident.

Order Your FREE Vegan Starter Kit! should help. It is vegan rather than vegetarian, but I still think it's helpful for you.

Yes of course become a vegetarian... you won't regret it, believe me. It's really great. They feeling of not hurting any animal for food has made me a much more happy person now. You should definitely try it.