Scott Weiland died (Stone Temple Pilots)

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I loved his voice and Stone Temple Pilots. Also some of his songs with Velvet Revolver. :(

I think it's extra sad when a talented musician, writer or artist dies young, and all the future music/art/stories die with them.

Scott Weiland, the frontman best known for his work with Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, has died, TMZ reports. According to a statement, he died tonight in his sleep on a tour bus before his band's performance in Bloomington, Minnesota. He was 48.

In the late 1980s, Weiland started a band called Mighty Joe Young with Robert DeLeo. That band evolved into Stone Temple Pilots (after a blues musician who called himself Mighty Joe Young forced them to change the name). Following the success of their 1992 album Core(featuring the singles "Plush", "Creep", and "Sex Type Thing"), the band became immensely popular. Their follow-up, 1994's Purple, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts...

Scott Weiland Has Died

Last edited:
STP has been a favorite of mine as long as they have been around. The band did a show in my area maybe 3 years ago, but I could not make it. Now I really wish I had. This news makes me very sad.