Rayon

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I didn't realise rayon had silk in it. Have checked nylon and polyester and they seem okay. Does anyone know of any other materials that might have animal products in them?

As a standard, I don't think rayon does contain silk. In fact, I can't find an example or think of one? After all it's made from wood pulp. It can be made so finely it can feel like silk, as such it's soften marketed as 'silky' or as 'artificial silk'.

I not particularly knowledgeable about clothes, not being a 'clothes person' however I did find this link?
http://bikesexual.blogsport.eu/2012/03/24/list-of-fabrics-vegan-or-not/
This is a text-only cached version of the above link.

Where did you find rayon contained silk? Is it possible it's just badly worded on the label?

Last edited by a moderator:
Um yes I've had trouble with vegan adhesives. Although not all glues are still made from fish and horses (the likelihood that they are vegan, these days, is very slightly greater than not even when not labelled). You can buy vegan glues and craft glues. This has come up before when we had a member asking about breast stickers, and I'm sure I posted some useful posts in that thread - if you want to take a look?? ;)

Re-edit: Oh, no, apparently I didn't post links. But vegan adhesives aren't hard to find if you do an internet search. Especially on DuckDuckGo I don't know if you use a different engine.

I didn't realise rayon had silk in it. Have checked nylon and polyester and they seem okay. Does anyone know of any other materials that might have animal products in them?

Hi i didn't find any thing in rayon. Rayon is artificial fabric it doesn't have silk. Most of artificial fabric there is no animal product is used in them may be because of cost effectiveness. Rayon is a cheap fabric as well.

Ha! This thread is six years old. How did you even find it?

I once had some sheets that were a rayon linen blend
So maybe there are fabrics that are blended with real silk. However just using Google I didn't see any products like that.