LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I found them at my local Kroger/Metro Market

A little expensive, but very tasty

Purple Carrot Launches New Single Serve, Frozen Meals in Retail

Purple Carrot, known for its e-commerce subscription plant-based meal kit, announced their new 100% plant-based, single serve meals are now available in the frozen aisle at most Whole Foods Market stores across the country. Purple Carrot created these meals with the same flavor profiles and nutritional philosophies that are core to its meal kit offering.

Plant-Based Meatball Marinara – made with Gardein® Meatless Meatballs
Maple Chipotle Veggie Bowl
Sweet Corn Elote Bowl
Fiesta Pepper Bowl – made with Gardein® Beefless Ground

Off topic, but once I used purple carrots in a stew and took it to work. The people I ate with couldn't believe it wasn't sliced meat and I ended up having to take pieces out to prove it :shrug: .Kinda lost my taste for dark carrots after that

I'd love to try the elote bowl. I often have corn on the cob with vegan mayo and nooch-closest I've gotten to elote!

Reactions: Emma JC
Off topic, but once I used purple carrots in a stew and took it to work. The people I ate with couldn't believe it wasn't sliced meat and I ended up having to take pieces out to prove it :shrug: .Kinda lost my taste for dark carrots after that

I'd love to try the elote bowl. I often have corn on the cob with vegan mayo and nooch-closest I've gotten to elote!

I had the elote bowl for dinner, and was really happy with it.

It has a cardboard bowl, instead of the plastic.

I was also happy to see almost empty shelves. Apparently, people are buying the product.

It was $4.79 at my local Kroger/Metro Market. A little more expensive, but if you want to keep a few in freezer for an overly busy day, then this works.

We don't have a good selection of vegan meals. I'm hoping to see more vegan brands in the stores.

I've seen the London Tesco Wicked Kitchen (on youtube), and wish they something like that up here in Wisconsin. It is meat and cheese country here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC