Protest held outside SeaWorld San Diego

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Some of the people that were there protesting, said by the end over 300 people showed up.
SAN DIEGO - About 150 people taking part in a worldwide protest of the captivity of killer whales picketed outside the SeaWorld San Diego theme park on Saturday.
Picketers, part of the "Empty The Tanks" movement, held demonstrations throughout the world at aquatic theme parks including Australia, Japan, Texas, Florida and SeaWorld San Diego at 500 Sea World Drive....
http://www.10news.com/news/protest-held-outside-seaworld-san-diego-07272013

Reactions: Dedalus and Amy SF
I don't care how committed the SeaWorld people are it's still wrong.I fully support the protesters.Good for them!!

"We must let SeaWorld and all captive facilities know that we will not stop being a voice for these precious creatures who have lost their right to freedom, their right to live a natural life, and are now imprisoned, artificially inseminated ... all for human entertainment,"

I'm wondering how many people who agree with that sentiment 'entertain' themselves with eggs and dairy.

I'm wondering how many people who agree with that sentiment 'entertain' themselves with eggs and dairy.
Perhaps some of them do but maybe they will start thinking about the big picture after attending such an event.If it causes just 20 people to question entertaining dairy and eggs well that's a win to me.

A small win but still a win.

Reactions: Dedalus

I know a lot of the people who went were part of vegan animal rights groups. One of them is somewhat local to me and they are very active. They've been protesting at the circus for the past couple of weeks, and have an ongoing campaign against pet shops that sell puppy mill puppies.

Reactions: Dedalus