"Proper" Cadbury Chocolate Soon to Be Unavailable in the US

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
US fans outraged over Cadbury change
4 February 2015 Last updated at 22:46 GMT

In this globalised world, it's increasingly easy for British expats to buy the creature comforts of home - English tea, Irn-Bru or that most beloved British staple, Cadbury chocolate.

But in the United States, consumers will soon have trouble finding the "proper" Cadbury chocolate made with the British recipe.

Chocolate giant Hershey Inc has successfully blocked the import of many British sweets because they create brand confusion with Hershey's products.

The BBC's Regan Morris visited the British Gift Shoppe at the Ye Olde King's Head Pub in Santa Monica, California, where ex-pats and Anglophiles were lining up to get their fill before the ban takes effect.

BBC News - US fans outraged over Cadbury change

Hmm...I wonder if they have it at the Continental Shop on Wilshire Blvd?

Chocolate giant Hershey Inc has successfully blocked the import of many British sweets because they create brand confusion with Hershey's products.

That's...ridiculous. Sounds totally bogus to me. They just want a freakin monopoly in the US.

well maybe the answer is to repackage the chocolate, in plain packaging. I can see a whole factory where the job is to open chocolates and put them on a conveyor belt.

Hmm...I wonder if they have it at the Continental Shop on Wilshire Blvd?

Why not give them a call and find out?

The article is very vague about the deadline or timeline for this to go into effect.