Question Problems with my vegetarian diet

S

SweetPotato

Hi,guys!So,lately,I've been having some problems,which include nausea after every meal,being bloated all the time and weight gain.My mother thinks I should start eating meat again and I've also been told this by some doctors in the past,but I've always ignored it.I don't know if I should consider this idea or not.I should also mention that I have a congenital heart disease.What should I do?
P.S. I've been vegetarian from 2016.

Well this is more than people on the internet can help, but, esp with heart disease I would suggest looking for a doctor on board with the best evidence based research on plant based diets. More physicians and dieticians are agreeing that whole food plant based diets are the healthiest, particularly for heart health. Not ethical, not vegan--health.

When people say they're vegetarian or vegan they aren't saying anything about what they eat- only what they don't.

You say you've been vegetarian for 3 years, has it just been recent you've been feeling bad? No change in diet? May be unrelated.
My advice is to take a good look at your diet, tweak where needed, and remember changes in diet are often accompanied by changing gut biomes which can cause some bloating and stuff

Hi,guys!So,lately,I've been having some problems,which include nausea after every meal,being bloated all the time and weight gain.My mother thinks I should start eating meat again and I've also been told this by some doctors in the past,but I've always ignored it.I don't know if I should consider this idea or not.I should also mention that I have a congenital heart disease.What should I do?
P.S. I've been vegetarian from 2016.

Consult your GP.

Reactions: silva
Consult your GP.
Yes---although I suggest a different physician since yours is opposed to the diet that showing the best results for heart health.
I realize my post went off track. These are not necessarily symptomatic of diet. It's been my experience that when people eat plant based they tend to blame all sorts of symptoms on diet