News Primary school forced to change ‘cow’s milk or water’ Rule.

I'm 66 and I can't remember when we did not have a TV. In fact I don't remember when there weren't two TVs in the house. I can remember getting a color TV. we were the first on the block.

In that Michael Moore documentary, Where Do We Invade Next, Micheal visits a French school where all the kids eat a 5-course school lunch prepared by chefs. Besides that there were no vegetarian options, there was a cheese course. The food was appetizing and healthy. No soda or candy or highly processed foods. Compared to the typical American school lunch of tater tots and mystery meat - it looked like a step in the right direction.

Reactions: Emma JC
I didn’t see any indication of it in the original story that IS linked, but UK food culture has long leaned heavily towards meat and dairy. (Which is what other English speaking countries inherited.) Is this a case where the school wanted to perpetuate “British culture” by emphasizing dairy over other types of beverages, with water being the only other option? 🤔

I didn’t see any indication of it in the original story that IS linked, but UK food culture has long leaned heavily towards meat and dairy. (Which is what other English speaking countries inherited.) Is this a case where the school wanted to perpetuate “British culture” by emphasizing dairy over other types of beverages, with water being the only other option? 🤔
I don't know. it just seems pretty short sighted and inflexible.
I realize that most Northern Europeans are NOT lactose intolerant. So maybe they don't have to deal with that. but 50% of the world's population IS. You would think that if there were a hundred there would be a least a handful of lactose intolerant. The article did mention one. does anyone know how many kids are at this school?

Reactions: Emma JC
S till I wonder how come the kids at this school can't bring their own food.
I suspect the stated reasons will be similar to why school uniforms are so prevalent in the UK: To hide socioeconomic differences, prevent bullying and help families save money.

But the stated reasons are not always the real reasons.

Reactions: Amy SF and Emma JC