Pressure cookers

My Fagor and B/R/K cookers only operate at 10 and 15 psi. I always cook beans at high pressure. Canned beans are only for emergencies.

I store "extra" beans in the freezer and use them often.

Does anyone do seitan in a pressure cooker?
Any difference in texture?

I am in love with my pressure cooker! And it's actually 9psi and 13 psi.
I cooked garbanzos today in 20 minutes!
I've done quartered potatoes with brocolli in a sieve above them and 1cup water for 10 min. Mashed perfectly. The brocolli - overdone, but not by too much.
And rice-- one cup water in bottom of cooker. Brown rice with double the water in a bowl placed on a rack inside. 20 minutes perfect!

I cooked dal yesterday and wished I wasn't afraid a pressure cooker would explode... I don't have one anyway, but even if I did I'd probably be too chicken to use it. It came out good, it just took forever. :)

Reeeaaaallyyy... So how did you cook it? Immersed in water or with just some water on the bottom of the pot?
I followed the recipe and made a stock which only filled up the PC by 1/3. Don't forget that water doesn't evaporate in the PC. I often make cabbage without any water at all.

I followed the recipe and made a stock which only filled up the PC by 1/3. Don't forget that water doesn't evaporate in the PC. I often make cabbage without any water at all.

Indeed. So the seitan was not entirely submerged or you just made a single recipe I guess? \

Seitan is so much work I tend to make hugenormous batches and then freeze chunks of it in the broth.

I've done seitan sausage wrapped in foil. I just put 1 1/2 cups water in bottom of cooker and used the raised steamer thing it came with, so it was above water. Came out okay at 25. I've never put seitan directly in broth