Post your nature photos

@Lou do you walk there? It’s really nice. 🤩
I've only been there once. It's not that far from me but there are many nice closer places. One of the people in my hiking group took us there. I was really impressed - such a nice place that I had never been to.

This photo is from the same day and same place. San Bruno Mountain. It's not really a mountain. Thats the San Francisco Bay and San Francisco in the background. This has not been a good year for wildflowers but there were some showing up that day.

IMG_1224.jpeg

Since you guys seem to like my pics.
Today went to another new place. A little wildlife refuge tucked into a suburban area. Despite it being a short hike it was strenuous. There was a little look out at the half way point. the bay is kind of hazy but you can make out the Hyatt that is near the airport.

IMG_1254.jpeg

This is the Pulgas Water Temple.
It was the starting point for last week's hike.
I think it's history has something to do with the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire and that they ran out of water. A couple of dams and reservoirs and aqueducts were built to provide water to the Bay Area. They were so excited when they were done they built this water temple.

IMG_1320.jpeg

337397933_236612185533475_89109508118310273_n.jpg

Bluebells-The Woodland Trust

💜
A carpet of violet #bluebells is a wonderful woodland sight!
🌍
Almost half of the world's bluebells can be found in the UK. They flourish in the undisturbed soils of long-established woods and form the incredible blue carpets we fondly associate with spring.
🌳
They can be used as an ancient woodland indicator and can sometimes be found in fields, gardens and along hedgerows. Look out for them from late March to May.
🐝
Bluebells are a valuable source of nectar for woodland invertebrates including butterflies, bees, moths, and hoverflies

Mourning dove and her babies! She has two but I only see one in the photo.

It’s at my daughter’s house, in a bush by her front door.

Attachments

• 4C9F6DF6-8404-4637-813E-0FF714FA6383.jpeg
    4C9F6DF6-8404-4637-813E-0FF714FA6383.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Mourning dove and her babies! She has two but I only see one in the photo.

It’s at my daughter’s house, in a bush by her front door.
We have a lot of mourning doves here now! Seems they should be "morning" doves, as they swoop low across the road as I'm leaving for work! Only birds that I see do that, drives me nuts

Reactions: KLS52
I always thought they were mourning doves until a few years ago. I mostly see them in the morning, too. I have all kinds of birds that try to commit suicide when I'm driving...I'm constantly braking for them. Luckily our speed limit is 25 in the residential areas. I feel bad for the person behind me, trying to do 40, who decides to tailgate. We have quite a few of those.