Pork in vegan food

Daya

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
I'm just going to post this here, it happened today and made me really upset. I'm currently in Slovakia, I'm back home for the summer and I feel like it's close to impossible to find any vegan options in any restaurants or cafes.
I went to eat out with my dad and I just had a salad with tofu and as I was onto one of the last bites I suddenly felt bacon in my mouth. I spit it out and it almost made me sick. I didn't complain as the whole lunch was 3€ and my dad asked me not to say anything.
After that we went to a coffee shop where they had raw cakes, but they were unable to tell me whether they contained honey or agave (a small slice of the cake cost as much as the whole lunch).
Slovakia is not quite there yet with the vegan diet, but I still feel like this shouldn't happen...

Reactions: 1 person
Sometimes it happens i know how it feels, but don't worry about those things just forget those memory.

I don't know much about Slovakia but I'm guessing it's not as developed in which case things like this are largely inevitable. However, I would not worry about it too much.