Music Popular Music in 2035

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Two problems I see:
1970's>1980's
1980's>1990's
1990's>2000's
Not a good trend that I see. The other problem is over time music starts to sound alike. It becomes harder to create music that is different and unique. This will be a bigger problem in the future. Assuming modern civilization is still here in 2035(not likely, but we'll assume) and the music industry is still around, what do you expect?

Uh, not likely? You realize we're only two decades away, right. Call me an optimist, but I really think we have the fortitude to last 20 years.

Also, 1990s>1980s

Reactions: PTree15
No, no, the 80s were better than the 90s. The only good new thing that happened on the international music scene (i.e. English lyrics, or instrumental) in the 90s was Björk. Or at least that I can remember :p

Uh, not likely? You realize we're only two decades away, right. Call me an optimist, but I really think we have the fortitude to last 20 years.

Also, 1990s>1980s
I'd feel fortunate if it lasts 10 more years. All I remember from the 1990's is songs from Paula Abdul, the Spice Girls, teen Pop of the late 1990's, Aqua, and a lot of rap music. Not some of the pleasant memories of my childhood. Rap music became very popular by the 2000's and that made music even less enjoyable. 1970's were very good and 1980's were good as well, but popular music has taken a downturn since then. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it may get even worse in the future.

I grew up listening to quite a bit of folk music. I learnt how to play a malodeon, when I was 9. When the industrial world ends we can go back to that, and ceilidhs.

This is the model I learnt on:
ho42015.jpg

I'd feel fortunate if it lasts 10 more years. All I remember from the 1990's is songs from Paula Abdul, the Spice Girls, teen Pop of the late 1990's, Aqua, and a lot of rap music. Not some of the pleasant memories of my childhood. Rap music became very popular by the 2000's and that made music even less enjoyable. 1970's were very good and 1980's were good as well, but popular music has taken a downturn since then. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it may get even worse in the future.
I loved the '90s...Alice In Chains, more Metallica, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Porcupine Tree ... I could go on and on. :D. I think music in some form will still be around. There will always be what was to enjoy (I like a good pop session every now and again), but I find myself interested in a lot of ambient music and artists who experiment with sound and create a feeling with those sounds. I'm not articulating this well, but with all the electronic gadgetry out there, I think there is plenty of room for musical evolution.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I loved the '90s...Alice In Chains, more Metallica, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Porcupine Tree ... I could go on and on. :D. I think music in some form will still be around. There will always be what was to enjoy (I like a good pop session every now and again), but I find myself interested in a lot of ambient music and artists who experiment with sound and create a feeling with those sounds. I'm not articulating this well, but with all the electronic gadgetry out there, I think there is plenty of room for musical evolution.

Plus Nirvana, Train, GooGoo Dolls, jewel, DMB, salt n peppa, green day, janes addiction, cake, DMB again, weezer, the cranberries, and I could go on and on and on. If all you accociate with the nineties is top 40 pop, then it's your own fault for never changing the station from top 40 radio.