Pms and menstrual cramps remedies

kelli

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So I have a brutal bowel disease which make my hormones messed up. Hell on earth. Any remedies would be great.

Things I have tried raspberry leaf tea an pills, chasteberry piils, butterbur, feverfew,dong quai pills , marshmallow pills , slippery elm pills and tes,aloe vera juice pills and gel, magnesium pills and powders, vitamin b6, 12, d, e, c, licorice tea and pills, blue cohosh, turmeric pills and powder, fennel tea, mint tea, dandelion pills, milk thistle tea and pills, flax oil and powder, rose oil, ginger tea, powder and pills, peppermint oil pills, artichoke pills, triphala powder and pills, meditation, dr . ho tens machine. Over the counter drugs do nothing.

Then prescription muscle relaxants, naproxen, celebrex, anti depressants, codeine didn't help. The anti depressants, codeine, celebrex hurt my stomach really badly. Awesome. I slso eat whole foods that r really good. veg, seeds, tempeh, tofu, fruits, rice, oats. I have to eat healthy cause junk makes my bowels worse. I drink coconut kifir too

200w.gif
200.gif

Last edited:
I am curious if you've tried going gluten free? I have a friend that has Crohn's disease that went plant-based to try and reduce or even eliminate the painful flare-ups. However, for him it never got better until he eliminated gluten from his diet. He told me that Crohn's was often called the baker's disease, obviously because most baker's sample their baked goods. Anyhow, if you haven't tried it, it might be worth trying for 30 day trial basis.

thanks away. i'm doomed.
200w.gif
rather be dead,

Last edited:
Aw, you should try and stay positive if you can. I know it's extremely hard when you're in a lot of pain. I have firsthand experience with that as well. It was what first got me interested in plant-based living.

Since going vegan, I have kicked my narcotic habit. By the way, that's something I have never abused. I never used more than prescribed, and for all those years taking it, I actually thought it was helping with the pain. I only found out after kicking the habit that a lot of that pain is induced by the drug, as you withdraw between dosages.

I was very depressed, as a result. It seemed like a bottomless pit, and I was spiraling downwards. I also had a very serious drug contradiction. My doctor had prescribed me antidepressants at one point, not realizing the confliction between those and the narcotics I was taking. I developed what's called serotonin syndrome, which just about killed me. It also just about pushed me over the proverbial edge.

I'm sure you've tried many things, diet-wise, but if it is in fact Crohn's that you have, there's many other foods that can cause flare-ups. Nuts and seeds are not good for Crohn's, from what I've read. You could maybe try eliminating certain things from your diet, one at a time, to try and isolate what causes the flare-ups. It would also seem raw fruits and veggies can aggravate Crohn's. There's also information saying that high fiber foods can escalate things during flare-ups. I'm sure this is stuff you already know, but I figured worth mentioning.

Anyhow, I understand what pain is about, and feel badly for you. I know it's hard for people to understand, especially when they don't have the pain you have to live with. It tends to chip away at a person. It certainly chipped away at me. I hope you manage to keep your chin up. I also hope you find something that works for you.

Sorry u know about pain. it ruins lives. omg it is hell.

No I don't have crohns disease. It's called irritable bowel disease . usually people say syndrome but that is ridiculous. It's a horrific disease. I avoid lots of foods. coffee, soda, garlic, onions, fake sugar, brussel sprouts, cabbage, msg, gum, candy, artificial food coloring, vinegar, anything sour,chocolate, hot peppers excess sugar, excess salt, sulfites. Eating healthy help only a little.Positivity doesn't help me at all. It des not cure anything. I'm cursed either way. Can't even hold a job, docs are idiots, half to live with a parent or else I would be homeless. just want to sleep forever.
thanks though.

Last edited:
Kelli, it sounds like you're very depressed, as well as in pain. I do know how that goes. It's not a nice way to live.

I know doctor's seem like a lost cause, but perhaps talking to a psychologist would be helpful in coping. It's just a suggestion, but something to consider.

I have recently started meditating, which seems to help me keep a bit calmer and relaxed. It's free, and there's lots of science to back it up.

Info from Wiki: Since the 1950s hundreds of studies on meditation have been conducted. Yet, many of the early studies were flawed and thus yielded unreliable results.[1][2] Contemporary studies have attempted to address many of these flaws with the hope of guiding current research into a more fruitful path.[3] In 2013, researchers at Johns Hopkins, publishing in the Journal of the American Medical Association, identified 47 studies that qualify as well-designed and therefore reliable. Based on these studies, they concluded that there is moderate evidence that meditation reduces anxiety, depression, and pain, but there is no evidence that meditation is more effective than active treatment (drugs, exercise, other behavioral therapies).

It might be worth a try?

I don't have clinical depression. I have chronic sadness.Listening to a psychologist talk isn't going to help my bowels and hormones be normal. Dr. Phil doesn't even do shows on topics like ibs, periods, etc that since how could he help them? Then u pay them tons of money so nope. I am broke.Scam.

I do meditation. thanks though.

Last edited:
Well, that's all I have. I don't have all the answers, that's for darn sure. I still struggle with daily pain, myself. I've found ways to make it tolerable, without drugs, so I can at least live a relatively normal life. I hope you manage the same, Kelli. I doubt luck will help, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt either. Best of luck!

Reactions: kelli
Sorry u still have pain. It is a nightmare.I feel like i am going insane. Thanks. Wish u luck too. Need lots of lucks.
giphy.gif
200w.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Veganite
I am so sorry for your pain and for your depression.

I have been reading about more and more people that are getting healing from eating mostly potatoes, at least for a few months (some for a full year). Regular potatoes, sweet potatoes - steam potatoes and then top with vinegar or salsa or chilli or just have a bit of salt and pepper. If you find it healing then start adding back some other foods to see what is helpful.

Here are a couple of links: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/stars/stars-written/lauralee/

Andrew Taylor had many health problems and ate potatoes only for a full year. Lots of videos on YouTube under SpudFit and here is his website: https://spudfit.com/

Sending you healing thoughts!

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite and kelli
Thanks will check out. Never heard of eating mostly potatoes. I cant have vinegar or salsa though. Little salt though I can have.
200.gif

kelli, are you saying your IBS somehow is connected to menstrual cramps and hormones?
I also have IBS and horrible pain during period, but none of the doctors ever put it together. They also were very uninterested in looking deeper into my problems. They said - oh, just eat healthy and you'll be fine. And with period - a lot of women suffer during period, just get over it and drink some pills. I am not even kidding, I've never met a doctor that would be interested in my conditions.
I also am almost constantly in pain. I have period pain also when I am not on my period and it feels very connected to my intestines. Can't even figure out which of the products are causing so much stomach pain. Because the pain varies. Sometimes I'll have perfect bowel movements after eating chili bowl of beans for 3 days and sometimes I'll be in such pain I can't even stand up straight if I eat only one mouthful of the same food.
Haven't found any remedies yet except for pills that are slowly killing my kidneys and liver. Nothing seems to work unless I don't eat at all.

Reactions: kelli
So sorry. Pain is hell. Can't find nothing either so far. Nightmare life.

Docs never care. I hate them.

What about if you microwaved or pre-boiled the potatoes the night before and then throw them into a pan with some salt and let them crisp up in the morning? sweet potatoes or yams along with regular potatoes would be awesome this way.

Emma JC

Do be sure to store the cooked potatoes in the refrigerator overnight, don't leave them sitting out.

Emma JC