Please call me "Hog"

Hog

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
The word "Hog" does not need to be an insult. I want to reclaim the word and turn it into a compliment. Therefore, I would appreciate it if people at Vegan Forums started calling me "Hog.' If you have difficulties calling me a "Hog" then please call me a b!tch. I would be very honored either way.

Hog.jpg

Got it: we call it "Borov" (meaning a swine, a domestic pig).:pig: If you associate youself with a piggy,- then why not (they are smart and cheerful).💖 Aaaand... speaking of pigs in rural settlements,- they are one of the most tidy species: in my childhood and younger years, i spent a lot of time at the country at the Black sea shore. Local people (Armenians) are very tidy themselves, and if they own any cattle, they keep it in good conditions (even if it's supposed to be slaughtered, alas... :hmm: ) As long as i remember, pigs never suffered of being eaten alive by small black flies (even my ex-husband and i used to be bitten almost to death). But pigs were not exposed to it: they always were trying to find a pit with clay mud (and that's the healthiest thing), and they would float in that mud until sunset (it also saves from the scorching sun). Observing piggies everywhere and deeper understanding of their behaviour gave me my first thoughts about the inappropriacy of devouring these animals.:no:

In Swedish, pig is gris and is pronounced "grease" That's a good one for meat lovers to remember as well as coronavirus being an anagram of carnivorous. Anyway, I'm happy to call you Hog or Rat or Snake or Lemming or dog as well as any other animal that has been maligned by the English language. I might stop short of calling you Human though. Those things are dangerous!;)

Funny, because I recently find myself being more aware of using terms like, “he eats like a pig” to describe someone who gorges themselves, or using any other term that refers negatively to an animal. <3

What about "Sus scrofa Linnaeus" ? That would be a good name, wouldn't it?
Would it sound a bit posh?
I saw them! (wild boars).:pig: It was in summer of 2018, in Abkhazia. We had an "excursion" (if you can call it so) to mount Mamdzyshkha. There was only 1 big household on the top (of Armenian cowboys and their big families,- presumably 2 families). One of their jobs was to comfort tourists (lazy clueless vacationers, who look for "romantique" and adventures on their bцtt, lol). So there came (out of the neughbourhood woods) a pride of wild boars, who were demanding food(!): they almost weren't afraid,- even everyday strangers (tourists) couldn't embarrass them💖. Everyone was devouring shashlyk (bbq), but i "restricted" myself with (delicious) tomatoes and home-made wine. I was lucky to have a small talk in Armenian with the host (woman, about 60y.o.). She had zero reaction about me speaking Armenian (i mean, she was answering something, but she didn't even seem surprised that "a white girl" is suddenly speaking Armenian, which is quite a rare thing). I asked her in Russian: "I wonder, do you understand anything of what i'm saying?" She: "Aha". Me: "Is it correct?". She: "Uhu, correct".😁
Never mind: during my entire walk (that is not over yet) i'm thinking of my cancelled trip to Armenia this summer. :sigh: