Plant milks are big, big, big

rogerjolly

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Oatly was today launched as a public company on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Its initial public offering price was $17 and it is currently trading just a tad short of $21.

Great news for Oatly, great news for veganism, great news for cows and great news on greenhouse gas emissions.

Roger.

Splendid. Their Barista is the best thing anyone can put in coffee. It's weird that it's oatmilk taken to the next level, when the only difference to their regular oatmilk is acidity regulator as far as I can see.

Reactions: Emma JC
I use the red one on cereals and the blue one in coffee. Don't forget to shake the blue one before use, it settles out!

• Friendly
Living on a boat without refrigeration I need a powdered alternative (because I cannot refrigerate after opening. Suggestions for vegan powdered coffee creamers?

Living on a boat without refrigeration I need a powdered alternative (because I cannot refrigerate after opening. Suggestions for vegan powdered coffee creamers?
there are shelf stable plant milks that come in juice box size containers (3 per pack) - I am sorry I don't remember which brand but I have bought them in the past... ah I just googled it again and it is Natura brand 200 ml each her in Canada which I believe is 6.75 fl oz

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Plamil soya alternative to dairy milk is the original one to buy. Most of the others are made, or bought, by companies that have other interests in dairy or other animal products. Plamil is the only totally Vegan company and only produces guaranteed Vegan products from sustainable and animal free/organic ingredients. Others say Vegan on the label, but this does not guarantee that the ingredients come from natural sources. Plamil ingredients always do. It is the only company producing only Vegan products from guaranteed ethical ingredients in the UK. To be guaranteed to be totally Vegan it is the only company you can rely on.

• Informative
Reactions: bEt and shyvas
what do you do about all your other foods?
Seems like you should at least buy a ice chest.

I used to think Coffee Mate was vegan. it doesn't seem to actually contain any "real" food. but it turns out that it does contain a milk protein. I'd call it 97% vegan.

Anyway, Coconut Cloud is a vegan powdered creamer. You can find it online. or you can check with Google Shopping. Some of the big box stores carry it.

Another option is Laird. Again you can find it online or use Google Shopping to find a nearby store.

My favorite plant milk used to be Solait- it was a soy-based powder. Some have problems with soy so it's good to have other options, but I used to have a local health food store do a bulk order of it for me. I don't know if it's still available. Gotta google- BRB...

Drat. I can't find "Solait" soymilk powder anyplace in the 'net. Come to think of it... I think the last time I did a bulk order (15 pounds, if I remember right), it might have had a different name. I do remember it was manufactured by a Canadian outfit. I used the box to store stuff after I had emptied it, so I might still have the package.

The soy beverage powder I bought most recently at the health food store (only a few pounds) is quite acceptable, but not so tasty. On the other hand, I think it might be a more natural product: it has a faint yellowish color, perhaps from the soy... whereas "Solait" (or whatever it was) had Titanium Dioxide as an ingredient. (One day, mild-mannered Tom l. woke up and found himself transformed into... TITANIUM MAAANNNNNN!!!!!)

Last edited: