UK Pilot With FOA - Sacked Unfairly

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other

''A pilot sacked for being scared of flying has won an unfair dismissal claim after a tribunal heard he was told to do a crossword when he raised concern about his phobia. ''

The airline's number one priority is the safety of it's passengers. It would have been an impossible taste for this pilot to continue
his job. It just proves that phobia and anxiety can trigger at any time without warning.

Pilot scared of flying was unfairly sacked, tribunal rules

Oh boy...I’m having a real problem with this one. As someone who suffers from anxiety and only occasional (thank goodness) panic attacks, based on this article, I would not want him piloting any plane I might on. :(

Oh boy...I’m having a real problem with this one. As someone who suffers from anxiety and only occasional (thank goodness) panic attacks, based on this article, I would not want him piloting any plane I might on. :(

Totally agree. There seems like there was nothing that could have saved his job. You can't have a pilot who has FOA flying a plane. Moreover, they couldn't offer him a position on the ground.