PETA launches satirical store

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I could not figure out which thread of even forum that this piece of should go in.

PETA's advertising philosophy leans heavily on the "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

This stunt will get plenty of coverage in the news. Probably mostly people complaining of the bad taste of this store. As far as PETA is concerned, when news outlet report on you - that's a win.

It was a PETA stunt that got me started on my journey to veganism, so I know personally that this kind of stuff works.

I like the tagline, “fashion that dares to ask the question ‘Who are you wearing?'”

So what do you guys think? do you hate this promotion or what?
I'm not seeing much outrage in the blogosphere.

I sometimes don't like PETA's approach, but on the plus side, it does get people talking and maybe even thinking about cruelty to animals. People are just so defensive these days, so I don't think it's such a great way to foster change. It's pretty clever, though, I'll give them that. :D My journey started with a veg*n friend who remarked about the chicken on my plate, saying that'd I never eat chicken again if I knew how it got to my plate. She was right!

There is a thing on the store's website where you can send a fake gift certificate to your friends. Maybe send one to your veg*n friend as an overdue thank you. :)

Reactions: Sax
There is a thing on the store's website where you can send a fake gift certificate to your friends. Maybe send one to your veg*n friend as an overdue thank you. :)
Haha, maybe I will.

Reactions: Lou
. My journey started with a veg*n friend who remarked about the chicken on my plate, saying that'd I never eat chicken again if I knew how it got to my plate. She was right!

I`ve tried that but it doesn`t work with people that I know. I hear statements such as `I do feel sorry for animals but when I think of a juicy steak,I give in`!!:(

Reactions: Lou
I've had the same experience. I've never converted anyone to veganism.
Most vegans were not born to it. So we know it's possible.

Thank you very much for sharing this Lou. PeTA helps me remember why I am a vegan. I love PeTA's sense of humor.

I have some very dark jokes about animal abuse. I tell them to myself. Still, I do not share them here or anywhere because they could easily offend most reasonable people's sensibilities. I sometimes wonder if we should have a dark vegan joke thread.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing this Lou. PeTA helps me remember why I am a vegan. I love PeTA's sense of humor.

I have some very dark jokes about animal abuse. I tell them to myself. Still, I do not share them here or anywhere because they could easily offend most reasonable people's sensibilities. I sometimes wonder if we should have a dark vegan joke thread.
A lot of people find PETA's campaigns to be in bad taste, or over the top, or offensive. some of those people are vegans. I always give them a pass. If their campaigns get a lot of attention - its like free advertising.

But I think we can now consider the Urban Outraged campaign a bust. Hardly any news outlets found it worthy of reporting. Maybe some of the conservative sites have figured out PETA's strategy and now just ignore it. Actually maybe they figured it out before and that is why Urban Outraged was So over the top.

Reactions: Hog