Ohio seeks death penalty over groundhog's weather-prediction fail

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
On Groundhog Day, Punxsutawney Phil failed to see his own shadow and thus predicted that spring would arrive early this year — but the snow and icy winds still lashing much of the country would beg to differ. Michael Gmoser, the prosecuting attorney of Butler County, Ohio, isn't going to let Phil's error slide.
http://now.msn.com/punxsutawney-phil-groundhog-deserves-death-penalty-says-ohio-prosecutor

Seems like an Onion piece to me....or is this just the sort of thing that goes on in America?:hmm:

Reminds me of the Italian scientists who said they thought the area was okay, then the earthquake hit anyway and lots of people died. The scientists are now in jail. Of course, they were scientists, not groundhogs.

“Between the objections and the sentence I went to the cemetery to see my nephew, I felt like saying that the accused had a large stable of lawyers but this time my 'celestial lawyer’ has won,” said Antonietta Centofanti, aunt of Davide who was killed in the university dormitory on the night of the quake.

So God caused the earthquake, and the celestial lawyer gets the scientists jailed because they can't predict what God is going to do.

bald_eagle_head_and_american_flag1.jpeg

It's an AR plot!

If it is legaly upheld that Punxsutawney Phil did "purposely, and with prior calculation and design" do anything at all then a whole can'o'worms about animal intelligence is opened.

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

It would also set a serious precedent....

If the groundhog can get the death penalty for a bad prediction, that means all weather forecasters who haven't accurately predicted the weather at some point in their career MUST fry.

:p

NE Ohio has Dick Goddard as the foremost weather forecaster and animal advocate.
The groundhog is safe!

Reactions: thefadedone