October Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not been able to do any walking, going on three weeks I think. I’ve been doing stretches and some yoga poses. Seems to be helping whatever my issue is.

I’ve not been able to do any walking, going on three weeks I think. I’ve been doing stretches and some yoga poses. Seems to be helping whatever my issue is.
I hope you are feeling better soon, KLS.

That would work for me. I'm not a big breakfast person and I like my big meal at dinner. :D I don't think I could eat pasta every day, though, haha. My pants would get tight, hehe.

I got to walk outside this morning. It was perfect weather: sunny but cool. Only 47 degrees, but it felt great!

Oh my gosh, I need breakfast! These days I usually have a Whole Wheat English muffin with a Gardein breakfast pattie or with Daiya cream cheese and wilted spinach and a thick slice of tomato. I got off the cereal wagon a long time ago. I need quite a bit of sweeter to make most cereals appealing to me.

Cool here, too - but not THAT cool! LOL. The past two days I've taken the long routes for my walks so I'm getting in about 3 miles. I'm listening to a fabulous book, so the time passes quickly.

Oh my gosh, I need breakfast! These days I usually have a Whole Wheat English muffin with a Gardein breakfast pattie or with Daiya cream cheese and wilted spinach and a thick slice of tomato. I got off the cereal wagon a long time ago.

Same here, I wake up hungry! I'm going to have either baked beans or scrambled tofu on toast today along with my coffee.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Oh my gosh, I need breakfast! These days I usually have a Whole Wheat English muffin with a Gardein breakfast pattie or with Daiya cream cheese and wilted spinach and a thick slice of tomato. I got off the cereal wagon a long time ago. I need quite a bit of sweeter to make most cereals appealing to me.

Cool here, too - but not THAT cool! LOL. The past two days I've taken the long routes for my walks so I'm getting in about 3 miles. I'm listening to a fabulous book, so the time passes quickly.
LOL, I could never eat that much for breakfast unless I'd been up for five hours. :D I, too, got off the cereal wagon ages ago. When I did eat it, it never filled me up, so I consider cereal wasted calories. If I do eat breakfast (usually after a workout), it's typically fruit with some sort of protein, mostly peanut butter or a handful of nuts or something.

Nice on the walks. I love to get in 3 miles or so when walking. It's the perfect distance, I think, for a good walk. :) What book are you listening to?

LOL, I could never eat that much for breakfast unless I'd been up for five hours. :D I, too, got off the cereal wagon ages ago. When I did eat it, it never filled me up, so I consider cereal wasted calories. If I do eat breakfast (usually after a workout), it's typically fruit with some sort of protein, mostly peanut butter or a handful of nuts or something.

Nice on the walks. I love to get in 3 miles or so when walking. It's the perfect distance, I think, for a good walk. :) What book are you listening to?

Kate Atkinson's new book - Transcription. I love her. :)

Reactions: PTree15
I am doing this new programme and I am actually feeling a lot better and can feel that my energy is coming back. I'm pretty happy about it, to say the least!

I just went for a 2 hour walk. I was just walking around my local area aimlessly and it occurred to me when I got home that I could have gone into London to go on the Brexit march today, duh!:fp:

Reactions: KLS52
I gravitate towards eating late, and not waking up hungry. I don't really know what switched in my head to do this, I used to adhere to the no eating past a certain time- I think it was doing too much overtime at work though :oops:. I have come to realize I'm not doing much more than working. When I started going to bed knowing there were things I should have done but didn't, I knew I had to change!
I still don't care for much food in the morning and like more food for dinner.
I started eating some prunes in the morning since reading that they're good for bone health-https://www.betterbones.com/bone-nutrition/many-prunes-need-eat-start-building-bone/

Reactions: KLS52
Just back from a brisk 30 min walk in the park. This is now my forever challenge. I'm going to do some exercise on my indoor bike (which is actually on the balcony) for 10 minutes and practise breathing that my physiotherapist has advised me to do.

Good job, shyvas!

I gravitate towards eating late, and not waking up hungry.
I'm the same way. Sometimes I'll just have a smoothie in the morning so I don't have to "eat" anything. :chef:

ETA: I haven't had prunes since I was a kid. I wonder if they would taste good in smoothies...

this recipe doesn't look too bad:
Strawberry and prune breakfast smoothie

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I did a strength training workout on Tuesday. I meant to go again last night and then didn't. My motivation right now sucks. I think I should go back to my doctor and talk about my medication... ever since one of my prescriptions was put on back order, I just haven't felt as good.

Can't remember if I mentioned already that I'm taking astragalus root every day as a tea. It's supposed to be more effective than echinacea for strengthening the immune system. But you need to take it for at least 3 weeks before it starts working. I'm on week 2 now and need to go buy more this weekend.

I ended up going to the gym this past Friday and then again last night. Still working on upper body strength training.

Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.