News Obituaries

Cloris Leachman RIP 😢
I attended a vegan charity concert several years back. I was standing outside the hall, when this random guy suddenly starting taking photos of me (or so I thought). I then realized that he was snapping photos of someone standing next to me. I turned to look - Cloris Leachman!

Obituary roundup:

Cicely Tyson

Dustin Diamond

Hal Holbrook

Tommy Lasorda

Tanya Roberts

Don Sutton

Sheldon Adelson

Obituary roundup:

Cicely Tyson

Dustin Diamond

Hal Holbrook

Tommy Lasorda

Tanya Roberts

Don Sutton

Sheldon Adelson
:( Wow.

It's weird as I just heard "Screech" mentioned on a TV show the other day. I would always remember the show he was in from the nineties.

I was trying to think where I had seen Cicely Tyson before. She played the mother in How to Get Away with Murder.

"Ramona Quimby" children's book author Beverly Cleary has died at age 104.

From Wikipedia:

"Cleary won the 1981 National Book Award for Ramona and Her Mother and the 1984 Newbery Medal for Dear Mr. Henshaw. For her lifetime contributions to American literature, she received the National Medal of Arts, recognition as a Library of Congress Living Legend, and the Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal from the Association for Library Service to Children. The Beverly Cleary School, a public school in Portland, was named after her, and several statues of her most famous characters were erected in Grant Park in 1995."

1616815372856.png

• Sad
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou