US North Dakota Personhood Measure Passes State House

Yes, I don't understand why these so called anti abortion idiots Bible thumpers don't get concerned for the already born (babies, children, unto elderly and disabled) more then the unborn. Being pro life goes all stages of life not just the unborn. A group of Bible thumpers told me for years the reason why I am not Blessed with children is because , I am full support of pro choice and I choose life all stages and not just the unborn. They said that God was punishing me by not giving me children.

Yes, I don't understand why these so called anti abortion idiots Bible thumpers don't get concerned for the already born (babies, children, unto elderly and disabled) more then the unborn. Being pro life goes all stages of life not just the unborn. A group of Bible thumpers told me for years the reason why I am not Blessed with children is because , I am full support of pro choice and I choose life all stages and not just the unborn. They said that God was punishing me by not giving me children.
That is horrible of them to say and ridiculously untrue. :mad:

While it sounds cliché, some of these pro-lifers may end up using the services of an abortion clinic.

In North Dakota, as far as I know, there's the Red River Valley clinic that did abortions, but the waiting list was so long that many people would travel to other states to get them done. And some of these people were pro-life, they just thought their case was a special exception.

:fp:

While it sounds cliché, some of these pro-lifers may end up using the services of an abortion clinic.
They do. I'll try to find it, but there's a collection of abortion clinic workers and doctors who've written about "pro-life" activists who have gotten abortions. One of them wrote about a 16-year old who got an abortion and was back on the "front lines" the very next day.

Found it.
"I have done several abortions on women who have regularly picketed my clinics, including a 16 year old schoolgirl who came back to picket the day after her abortion, about three years ago. During her whole stay at the clinic, we felt that she was not quite right, but there were no real warning bells. She insisted that the abortion was her idea and assured us that all was OK. She went through the procedure very smoothly and was discharged with no problems. A quite routine operation. Next morning she was with her mother and several school mates in front of the clinic with the usual anti posters and chants. It appears that she got the abortion she needed and still displayed the appropriate anti views expected of her by her parents, teachers, and peers." (Physician, Australia)

That's not an uncommon phenomenon at all - I've known a few who were anti-choice before and after they, or a member of their family, had the need.

That's not an uncommon phenomenon at all - I've known a few who were anti-choice before and after they, or a member of their family, had the need.

Yeah, the only person I know who has had an abortion is the only person I know who thinks it should be illegal n

I'd imagine the pro-life abortion thingy is a similar situation to the anti-gay priest/politician who occasionally needs a strapping young...luggage carrier for their vacation to an exotic locale.

"What should happen to women who would get abortions if abortions were to become illegal?"

And, as the video showed; Get a smart-assed-dum-bass to ask dum-basses a dum-bassed question and further smart-assed-dum-bassedness is bound to most abundantly arise ...

Making abortion illegal does not neccesarily require any penalty on women who get abortions at all.

Pointless having a law which there is no penalty at all for breaking. Fair enough.

The penalty can fall on those who perform abortions and not neccesarily on those who get abortions though.

This is the 'logic' <ahem!> on which cannabis law worked (Ty Yally) in the UK. There is a penalty for dealers but no penalty for those the dealers supply.

Actually there is a penalty for cannabis possession since it was bumped back up to Class B.

Making abortion illegal does not neccesarily require any penalty on women who get abortions at all.
If abortion were illegal, women would be penalized, because abortion would be illegal. Any women seeking an abortion would likely have to rely on an unsafe abortion.

If abortion were illegal, women would be penalized, because abortion would be illegal. Any women seeking an abortion would likely have to rely on an unsafe abortion.

The only way around that would be to make law breaking free of both risk and of legal penalty.

Only making law breaking legal, so illegal activity can be regulated, would get around that one.

Making it legal to break laws would be the most remarkable precedent ever set.