New You?

BlueSpider

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hoping this thread gets added with what is new with you or new in you that motivates you and others or if you observed a bit quantifiable improvement with your health compared to earlier because of some change, then please share here. Such experiences drives us to take another step towards "New You" (you=everyone)

The new "Me" for the past 3+ Weeks, Daily
Brisk walk for 2 Kms
Grains only in the afternoon
Fruits + Vegetables in the night
NO: cheese, butter, heavy oil use, deep fried items, Junk foods, processed foods, High GI fruits and vegetables

This is a good change, but there is a long way to go to reach my targets. Will keep posting my updates

Reactions: fakei
To be honest many years ago used to think that excluding oils and nuts from a WFPB diet without any other processed food was a bit radical but so long as one includes flax seeds it seems to work much better not only for removing inflammatory symptoms but also for overall well being. Removing garlic, onions and wheat also helped though.

Reactions: BlueSpider
Fuhrman thinks onions and garlic are essential. and that wheat is not bad.
Probably other WFPB doctors feel the same way, they only seem to disagree on nuts and supplements, and those foods are probably not bad so long as you don't have sensitivity. Forgot to mention oats too. However regarding garlic and onions it is not clear if their bad side effects are just restricted to people with sensitivity.

Regarding wheat, getting really dry eyes , difficulty concentrating, gas, skin rash and inflammation of the bowels including gums, psychotic symptoms including easily falling in love is not very pleasant.

Last edited:
@fakei , most of the Indians, a day will not run without Onions, people with gastric problems may have to watch otherwise its one of the common foods and not implied to any serious side effects.
Garlic, some people use as food and everyone use as medicine for various health problems. Balanced use certainly helps I believe. I use it for cholesterol control.

@Lou, if one buys raw wheat and then use it as it is in milling without losing cover, in short "whole wheat" thats good I think. But exceptions are there as world is slowly becoming sensitive to wheat for many reasons because all are using "bleached" wheat , which is totally worthless, unhealthy, disease guaranteed food.....as per my understanding

All vegetables and fruits are welcome, Low GI are most welcome , others to be used "Try and Test" approach as every "Body" is different". we have to experiment on ourselves to know what is best for us.

But thank you for putting forward your points. Let me know if you both have further suggestions.

@fakei , most of the Indians, a day will not run without Onions, people with gastric problems may have to watch otherwise its one of the common foods and not implied to any serious side effects.
Garlic, some people use as food and everyone use as medicine for various health problems. Balanced use certainly helps I believe. I use it for cholesterol control.

@Lou, if one buys raw wheat and then use it as it is in milling without losing cover, in short "whole wheat" thats good I think. But exceptions are there as world is slowly becoming sensitive to wheat for many reasons because all are using "bleached" wheat , which is totally worthless, unhealthy, disease guaranteed food.....as per my understanding

All vegetables and fruits are welcome, Low GI are most welcome , others to be used "Try and Test" approach as every "Body" is different". we have to experiment on ourselves to know what is best for us.

But thank you for putting forward your points. Let me know if you both have further suggestions.
Good to know. Onions and garlic are also widely used around here. Besides the above mentioned reason for avoiding the two, which is a personal one, they are also considered tamasic foods, which are seen as not very good for the practice of meditation.

Refined grains are definitely a problem but sensitiveness to wheat is not necessarily the result of it being refined. People may have intolerance or allergy to gluten or also problems with fructans which are also present in onions and garlic.

Reactions: BlueSpider