New Vegan Eve update

Tetley

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
  2. Omnivore
Hi All, thanks for the comments and tips . I have been suffering with a cold since starting my vegan adventure 🤒(pure coincidence) but so far I am finding it pretty easy . I plan ahead and can honestly say I am rather enjoying it . I am trying to teach myself to like beetroot juice as well , I drink a glass in the morning quickly followed by a glass of orange juice . I really do dislike beetroot but seems to be getting easier to drink every day . 😝

Hi Tetley, and welcome! Beetroot juice is healthy, but you don't have to drink it. Other juices and vegetables are healthy, too.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I have a "cold" as well (which I put in quotes because it's seriously no small deal - I feel run over by a truck). Did someone recommend beetroot juice to you for some reason? I've never had it (nor even seen it anywhere, TBH).

• Friendly
Reactions: Forest Nymph
I read somewhere that beetroot was really good for you so thought the best way to get it down was to drink it. It’s turning out to be a bit of an experiment (can you train yourself to like food) . I wouldn’t say I enjoy it yet but it’s definitely getting a lot easier to drink , I’m not planning on torturing myself but will see how the drink goes in the next week or so.
I’m so lucky my partner is doing this with me as she is a great cook and does bulk cooking which we keep in the freezer for easy midweek meals . I don’t really want to go down the route of buying vegan ready meals , where the fun in that? 😀

Reactions: Emma JC
I read somewhere that beetroot was really good for you so thought the best way to get it down was to drink it. It’s turning out to be a bit of an experiment (can you train yourself to like food) . I wouldn’t say I enjoy it yet but it’s definitely getting a lot easier to drink , I’m not planning on torturing myself but will see how the drink goes in the next week or so.
I’m so lucky my partner is doing this with me as she is a great cook and does bulk cooking which we keep in the freezer for easy midweek meals . I don’t really want to go down the route of buying vegan ready meals , where the fun in that? 😀

Beetroots are a very good source of folate, and a good source of manganese: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetroot#Nutrition . Still, unless you enjoy the challenge, there's no need to eat/drink something that you really don't like. Other vegetables are also rich in vitamins and minerals.

Or, instead of drinking beetroot juice (which has a rather intense flavor), you can just eat the beetroots thinly sliced - the flavor is more mild that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi David , I might try that but at the moment I am happy with gulp gulp and it’s gone 😝