My second go

hippyman

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
Ok, so my first time I tried going vegan I fell off the wagon. I think that was because of lack of planning/knowledge. I have talked with friends, and they are going to help me plan out an animal free diet, I feel like this could work out this time. Ya'll wish me luck.

Good luck and let me know if you need any help/ have any questions. You can do it!

I think my palette is starting to change. For the first time ever, today, I tried to eat meat and I couldn't. It didn't taste like it used to, it was almost rubbery. It was so bad I couldn't eat it. Am I starting to switch over, or is it my imagination?

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
It is okay to "fall off the wagon". As they say "we are only human". Hopefully one day we will live in a world without borders, without contries or nationalities, all vegetarian and living and caring for our one mother earth!

One possibility is that pschologically you have thought about the ethical issues and this has affect how you perceive things like taste and texture.

Ok, so my first time I tried going vegan I fell off the wagon. I think that was because of lack of planning/knowledge. I have talked with friends, and they are going to help me plan out an animal free diet, I feel like this could work out this time. Ya'll wish me luck.
Gary L. Francione: The Abolitionist Approach to Animal Rights shared Howdoigovegan.com's post.
7 hrs ·
An answer to those who whine about how hard it is to be a vegan.

Howdoigovegan.com added 2 new photos.
Yesterday at 4:29pm ·
We've made a trifold pamphlet of our Fast Food Meal Plan in both US Letter and A4 sizes so that you can show everyone that you can eat vegan on a budget, quickly, and with delicious, familiar food.

You can print these from home and always have a few copies to hand out to people to whom you advocate. Show them that eating vegan food doesn't mean buying expensive ingredients or spending hours in the kitchen.

A4 here: http://www.abolitionistapproach.com/…/2…/11/A4-Fast-Food.pdf

US Letter here: http://www.abolitionistapproach.com/…/US-Letter-Fast-Food.p…

Well, so far I seem to be doing better than I thought I could. I have gone from eating fast food sausage biscuits in the morning to eating either cereal with almond milk, or a veggie omelet. I mostly manage to stay meat free through lunch, but I still need to work on de-meating supper. All in all I figure Rome wasn't built in a day.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Rome wasn't built in a day true...but Vesuvius volcano managed to destroy Pompei in LESS than a day wink wink ! and i think Nero fiddling while Rome burnt didn't help either lol...the HUNS Attila i think his name was managed to sack Rome pretty fast too..at LEAST they left Britain with UNDERGROUND WATER CENTRAL HEATING AND TOILETS and BATHS as in the City of Bath in Britain i say before the DARK AGES returned for a long while hey !

Your palate (or taste buds, or whatever gives you the sensation that you're eating something tasty) does change. If you eat like a vegan for a week, you will find that vegetables begin to taste better than you thought possible. Animal products are full of fat, which overpowers one's taste buds and prevents one from really the subtler and fresher taste of vegetables. But you have to actually avoid all animal products for a while to feel this effect.

Lebanese and Greek cuisines have a lot of tasty vegan dishes. If you have Lebanese and Greek restaurants near you, try going there for dinner sometime, and ask for their vegan options. And buy some vegan cookbooks. All this will expand your ideas about what dinner needs to look like.

If you find, over time, that you're having trouble going vegan all at once, you can remove animal products one at a time, in something like the following order:
  1. pork
  2. chicken
  3. eggs
  4. milk
  5. beef
  6. seafood
  7. cheese
This list is based roughly on minimizing animal suffering, while leaving until later the foods that are harder to let go of. Of course, the goal should be to eventually get to a point where you're no longer supporting the factory farm industry with your hard-earned dollars.

In my case, I was able to go vegan almost overnight. The first time, I lasted four months. The second time, many years later, I was able to stick with it. In the early days, I read books about factory farming and veganism to keep myself motivated. At the end of every day I was vegan, I would remind myself of how many animals I had saved that day. It gets easier the longer you've been vegan. After a while, you find you no longer even have to think about it; it becomes automatic.

They say you learn more from your mistakes than successes. So 'falling off that wagon' can be good. What did you learn?
Read up on being a Fruitarian, Hippyman. Try it for a day or two, or three, then you will feel so liberated being a Vegan and won't feel deprived, then go back to Vegan.