My Diet

I'm cooking the soup now. I forgot to do the steaming thing, but hopefully it will turnout okay. I haven't put the tomatoes in yet, and the peas and corn were frozen upon impact.

The store had no arrowroot, or I was unable to locate it, so corn starch gets the start.

There will be photos.

Reactions: ledboots
It's bland, but edible. I can add more seasoning as I throw it over the rice. #MyFirstSoup

10982175_10205640182500960_4003851741075396254_n.jpg

So this might sound strange, but for a southwestern flavor, which kinda looks like your going for, you could add some bbq sauce. It'd go good over rice.
I'm going to try adding BBQ sauce tomorrow and see how that tastes. I think it will be delicious.

Reactions: KLS52
My second attempt will have the same ingredients, plus mushrooms, sea salt, and Tofurky "kielbasa" now instead of later.

I finally crunched the numbers of my new diet. I took everything that goes in my soup, added all the rice and peanut butter sandwiches that I eat in a five-day week, then divided by 5, though it's still a rough estimate:

Code:
Calories
15905 – 3181

Carbs
1491 – 298.2

Fat
791 – 158.2

Protein
730 – 146

Sodium
15035 – 3007

Sugar
247 – 49.4

When I first started working out in January, it was just push ups. Then I added 15-pound weights to the mix. I soon outgrew those and added 20-pound dumbbells. Last week, I started working out at the gym at work. Below is my three-day-a-week routine designed by a friend who knows a lot more about this than I do:

IMG_1027_zpsz5qkr4x8.jpg

Sunday: chest and triceps

Monday: back and biceps

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: legs and shoulders

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

When I first started working out in January, it was just push ups. Then I added 15-pound weights to the mix. I soon outgrew those and added 20-pound dumbbells. Last week, I started working out at the gym at work. Below is my three-day-a-week routine designed by a friend who knows a lot more about this than I do:

IMG_1027_zpsz5qkr4x8.jpg

Sunday: chest and triceps

Monday: back and biceps

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: legs and shoulders

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest
That plan looks good per my son (he works out). He urges you to do good stretches every day to minimize injury risk. :)