TV & Film Movie Lounge

I have just watched a wonderful, uplifting, heartwarming movie! Not my usual type of movie as it is about a pastor saving a church but it is a true story and I like true stories. It is called All Saints and was released in 2017. It is about refugees and with the current political turmoil surrounding immigrants, it is quit timely and teaches a valuable lesson. It stars John Corbett and several other recognizable character actors. Some of the actors are the actual people the movie is about. I recommend this movie!

I have finally seen the newest A Star is Born and it was amazing! I only vaguely remember the last version of the story which I did really like. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were so believable in this movie! I totally got into it and was sobbing at the end. Deserving of all the awards!
Another film I watched yesterday which I enjoyed was The Resident, a thriller from 2011 starring Hilary Swank and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I admit I got the DVD because of JDM! He played a creepy, scary stalker dude. He plays these roles really well! It was intense and I liked it.

Reactions: Val
A watched a movie called MI-5, based on a British TV series called Spooks. It was on the streaming Vudu channel for free, so there were some commercials, but they weren't too disruptive. It starred Peter Firth, who was in the series, and Kit Harington (very easy on the eyes, haha). It was pretty good but a little convoluted at times. It did make me want to check out the series, though.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I finally gave up and quit looking for russian translations of the movies i'd like to watch (especially romance movies),- i watch them as they are. Why not? I browsed Hallmark movies and found this one (and many more). Started watching. Not bad. Moreover, i like Andie MacDowell.šŸ™‚
IMG_20190731_122027.jpg

We watched the horror movie Us last night. I was not particularly impressed, even though Mark Kermode on BBC's The Film Review was very positive in his review.

I watched the reboot of Flatliners that was made in 2017. Don't waste your time. It was stupid. I don't really remember the original but I am pretty sure it was better than this one!
I would like to see Us though when the library gets it. I don't really mind crappy movies when they are free! :D

Just watched 2 movies by Simon Pegg/Nick Frost with my kids ... while we all loved "Paul", my kids (16&15) did not approve of some of the more gratuitous violence in "Hot Fuzz" (we watched the Netflix version and not a German TV version which would typically not contain such scenes).

Good I did not watch "Shaun of the Dead" with them, that would have been my other choice. I personally love all those 3 movies.
The only remember movie by this team I remember not being too impressed by was "The World's End", mainly as the zombie parts did not fit with the rest of the movie IMO.

We watched Wonder Woman last night. MrsSummer feel asleep, but I watched the whole thing. Normally this sort of movie doesn't appeal to me, but it was just the right time at the end of a work week on a Friday night, and also, this movie was set in the WW1 era with related combat scenes and in addition featured a whole lot of Amazonians with shiny swords, so I was entertained.

I forgot how boring the second half of Jaws I is when they are on the boat.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15
The best part is when Quin tells that story... chilling.
Ummmm...yeah...but no. :lol: Not this time around, anyway. I was in the mood for some excitement like people being eaten by sharks, even though I look away when it actually happens lol.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15
A unfaithful wife plots with her lover to kill her husband, but the lover is accidentally killed instead. The husband stays in
hiding, and lets his wife be charged with conspiracy.

I absolutely loved this film as I'm a big fan of movies from the 40's-60's. I really liked the two main characters; Walter and Marsha who contributed to making the film a success.
It's also a bit uncanny that both actors died of throat cancer at a relatively young age. :rolleyes:

Ummmm...yeah...but no. :lol: Not this time around, anyway. I was in the mood for some excitement like people being eaten by sharks, even though I look away when it actually happens lol.

I guess after seeing the movie multiple times, it kind of loses its effect!
I watched The Hero which stars Sam Elliot. It was just ok. If you are a big fan of Mr. Elliot, I guess you would like it. It also starred a couple of recognizable TV actors. I think it got too "arty" which just made it weird. IMHO

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52