Moderating and rules changes

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I will be introducing a few tweaks and changes in the days / weeks to come.

First of all, the group formerly known as "stewards & forum moderators" are hereby to be known simply as "forum moderators". They are still responsible for their specific forums in the same way as before, and taking part in handling any reports related to their forums.

The rules have been tweaked just a smidgeon so far. It's mostly just formatting, and specifying that banishment, as a last resort, is a real possibility. (More changes may be necessary though.)

We're working on some guidelines for the Debate & Current Events forum in order to help avoid disagreements getting too personal, threads getting derailed, and moderators having to intervene. Any repeating offenders may have their posting privileges revoked (temporarily at least) for that particular forum. I'm also toying with the idea of making that forum opt-in so you'll have to specifically join it to post there.

If there is a forum you're not at all interested in, it's already possible to hide it from your "What's new" page. Just go to your preferences and choose "Ignored sections list editing", then select the uninteresting forums (ctrl-click if more than one) and click save.

If you made that plug-in, Indian Summer, maybe you could sell it, to other people who use this forum software...

I suppose you need to create a list in each person's control panel, of hidden threads, a button on each thread, and have the software not publish threads on any of the thread lists.

Thanks for the idea, Blobbenstein. There was actually someone requesting such an add-on for Xenforo recently.

I think that would be great! It could mean that somebody doesn't have to stay off the entire forum just because they want to avoid certain threads. :)

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I've updated the rules some more with rules about keeping private conversations private, against "liking" personal attacks and illegal content.