Missing Plane - Still No Answers

I just read that the transponders and communication equipment had already been turned off when the pilot said goodnight in that last message.

If that is true, it's looking like a deliberate act, which indicates a hijacking, which could mean the plane actually did land somewhere and the passengers are all still alive. Pretty surprising now if that turns out to be the case.

I'll add in my own far-fetched conjecture: The plane was hijacked by North Korea.

I was wondering, if you needed a large aircraft to deliver a nuclear bomb to target, maybe you could fly it alongside a lighter aircraft, to make it look as if it were the lighter aircraft. If the lighter aircraft had its transponder(or whatever) on...would that be possible? Trick ground control, or would the radar profile give it away?

The Norwegian news sites say a Norwegian ship is likely to be the first ship to arrive in the area. Höegh St. Petersburg is supposedly just a few hours away.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (CNN) -- New satellite images provided by a French defense firm show 122 objects floating in the southern Indian Ocean, not far from other satellite sightings that could be related to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the Malaysian transport minister said Wednesday.

The objects were scattered over 154 square miles (400 square kilometers), acting Transportation Minister Hishammuddin Bin Hussein told reporters Tuesday.

Hishammuddin said he wasn't sure if Australian authorities coordinating the search for the plane had been able to follow up Wednesday on the new satellite images, which came from Airbus Defence and Space.
Article: Yet more objects sighted in search for Flight 370 (CNN.com, March 26, 2014)

Some of the objects were up to 23m long, according to other sources.

Air safety investigators have a "high degree of confidence" that a photo of aircraft debris found in the Indian Ocean is of a wing component unique to the Boeing 777, the same model as the Malaysia Airlines plane that disappeared. (July 29) AP

Malaysia's deputy transport minister on Thursday said it is "almost certain" that aircraft debris found off the coast of the Indian Ocean island of Reunion came from a Boeing 777 aircraft.
More: Malaysia official: Debris 'almost certainly' from a Boeing 777 (29. July 2015)

Since there aren't a lot of Boing 777s missing in this area, it seems kinda likely that they have finally found actual debris from the missing plane.

That is what the experts say. The flaperon has been sent to Toulouse before being dispatched to Boeing's headquarters in Seattle.

I've been to Reunion island and you can around the island by car in a one day.

Last edited:
A US company called Ocean Infinity is conducting a new search which is currently ongoing, and possible answers are expected by Friday or so. They're using a ship called Seabed Constructor with up to eight robotic mini-subs (Hugin 6000) which can keep going for 2 days before they need to re-charge their batteries. (Just read about it on a Norwegian news site where this is big news because the ship is Norwegian-owned and the subs are Norwegian tech ...)

A US company called Ocean Infinity is conducting a new search which is currently ongoing, and possible answers are expected by Friday or so. They're using a ship called Seabed Constructor with up to eight robotic mini-subs (Hugin 6000) which can keep going for 2 days before they need to re-charge their batteries. (Just read about it on a Norwegian news site where this is big news because the ship is Norwegian-owned and the subs are Norwegian tech ...)

I'm not over over optimistic.:no:

I've noticed there's been a lot of speculation about the fate of MH370 in some very tabloid newspapers over the last few months, such as The Express, The Daily Star, The Mirror. Most of the stories are about people who have spotted suspicious objects on Google Earth in the Cambodian jungle. It sounds quite far-fetched when we know that debris was washed up on the shores of that east-African island (Reunion?).

I've noticed there's been a lot of speculation about the fate of MH370 in some very tabloid newspapers over the last few months, such as The Express, The Daily Star, The Mirror. Most of the stories are about people who have spotted suspicious objects on Google Earth in the Cambodian jungle. It sounds quite far-fetched when we know that debris was washed up on the shores of that east-African island (Reunion?).

It would seem many small parts of the plane have been found in the Indian ocean including Reunion Island :

MH370: The key pieces of debris