Maximizing activism with information technology

JacobEdward

Forum Legend
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
There's so much that can be done with software that hasn't... especially when it comes to team collaborations and community building... I work on my own JavaScript based projects, I'm pretty confident that I know everything I would need in order to build whatever I might want but the problem is picking the project that I feel has the most potential to justify the time and effort... Just because I can build something doesn't mean people would actually use it, even if it would make things more efficient... people have to be convinced that the added capacity is worth their time...

Forums and social networks have potential but they aren't geared towards start-to-finish projects or are structured around profiles with people addressing specific ideas that then can auto categorize or generate indicator symbols while interacting (mary said she was interested in communes but bob is a capitalist and they can't figure out why they don't get along)... Stuff to help ameliorate the stranger based society that is online environments (as well as normal offline society)... If instead of it just being a forum and were a cloud based dashboard that you can use and augment for all kinds of useful things, which also has the activist forum integrated, like an ecosystem, I feel like we would all be a lot more productive which would make our aim of turning the world Vegan a lot more practical...

A lot more to say and share, wanted to see what the reaction is so far and continue in another post, thanks!

Last edited: