Maximized ROI just under the legal limit

JacobEdward

Forum Legend
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I believe this question has an objective answer and that I am correct... What is the most efficient suitable transport vehicle per $... The question is important if you're thinking in terms of how to maximize for organizations and charities...

I was thinking I would try making a three wheeled scooter that you stood on that had a cargo platform in the front and could fit in a grocery cart at the store... After 750 W they make you get a license, so you could get two of those gear reduced 350 W dc motors and be under the limit by 50... That would make it strong enough to tow a trailer and with modern foam and plastic technology (or even using bushcraft) I could make something lightweight enough that would go on the water and I'd be able to fold up the scooter and take it with me... if its not small enough to fold up so it fits in a grocery cart then its too big... cars are silly, you could extend a weather shield from the trailer while towing it around if you wanted to maintain some separation on the road while going cross country... you can also carry A LOT of groceries just by hanging the bags off the hand post (which makes the scooter obviously superior to the electric unicycle)...

I believe the 1W-1Lb assumption for the motor is correct... If I'm ~180lbs, that means 520lbs for everything else, if I want to have a partner, lets say ~300 for everything else... can I make something lightweight enough to where it and all of the stuff I want to bring like food and water, can all add up to 300lbs... if so then the two motors could do it and still not need a license (I love not having to ask permission)... if I'm standing on the thing and she's sitting while its on the road and then it transforms into this larger footprint on the water where we are both comfortable and I dont have to leave the thing behind while out on the water (which makes the scooter superior to the electric bicycle)...

There is this thing that says its better... idk, I want to stand if I cant have a proper chair and you cant hang as many groceries off the handles...

That is the dream... I believe I could do it with foam and plastic wrap...

projectImages.png

Per the Washington state legal definition of electric bicycle, the vehicle must also have fully operational pedals for human propulsion. The pedals don't have to work well, but they need to be there.

Reactions: FlandersOD