March Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having no problems cutting out coffee but I am really missing salty food.:oops: I made a rice and beans dish but it just doesn't taste right to me without salt or vegetable stock. I used cumin and chilli powder but it still tasted too bland. I tried adding curry powder to the leftovers today but it made it too hot as I added too much.:D

Do you mind me asking why you don't use salt ? Food without salt tastes awful. I always use Lo Salt for both cooking and seasoning.

I was just worried about my blood pressure. I might try the low salt Kallo stock cubes as I see they have them in Ocado.

We are back from the gym. Skipped it for two days cause of work and the ball game. We are doing a routine of treadmill then a few of the machines for abs and arms.
Scorpius: :hug:

Thanks, @Chryssie . I bet I'd feel better if I exercised. But I can't even do that right without going overboard crazy with it. :( GRRRRRRRRRR. I'm having a hard day.

Hugs, Scorpius.

We have a yearly sale of second hand sports stuff at a major sports shop. There was the ideal bike selling for 90 € which is half price. Unfortunatly it wouldn't fit into my car so it looks like I'll have to go back and buy a new one.:rolleyes:
My son took off the handlebars and was able to smush mine into my little car. :)

We have a yearly sale of second hand sports stuff at a major sports shop. There was the ideal bike selling for 90 € which is half price. Unfortunatly it wouldn't fit into my car so it looks like I'll have to go back and buy a new one.:rolleyes:

Well, a possible approach would be to park your car at the sports shop and go home on the bike.
Of course, depending on temperature and distance :)

My son took off the handlebars and was able to smush mine into my little car. :)

Well, you'll have to ship him over to my place.:D
Well, a possible approach would be to park your car at the sports shop and go home on the bike.
Of course, depending on temperature and distance :)

Not a good idea if you see how they drive over here.:rolleyes::D

Reactions: ledboots
Hey, everyone! I have been MIA the last few weeks. Life has been hectic, but mostly in a fun way. :)
I have to rethink my weightlifting strategy. It seems the more I lift weights, the hungrier I get, so I have been eating more and not getting enough cardio, I think. For me to keep the weight down, I need cardio, I guess (I'm old, so keeping weight off, which has always been a challenge for me, is an even bigger challenge).

I can't seem to fit in enough cardio when I focus on the weights, so I think I have gained a couple of pounds. I'm not sure how many, because I need batteries for the scale. I'm also hesitant to even step on it, because my relationship with the scale has always been love/hate...mostly hate, haha. That said, I have this one pair of jeans I try on every week to see how they fit. They still fit, but they are a bit tighter in the waist. Sooooo, before this gets out of hand, I need to scale back on the treats (no pun intended, hah!), and get back to a little more cardio. I'm thinking I need more workouts like the 30-day shred, which combines cardio and some strength training/toning. I know lifting is good for my bones and whatnot, but I'm just not liking the increased appetite. Sigh.

Scorpius, I hope you are having a better day today. :) :hug:

We went to the gym today; did pretty much the same routine but the sit ups machines were busy so skipped that this time. We are going to try to go every other day. This week is going to be a fail though because of our trip up north.

Way cool on going to the gym, Chryssie! Maybe you can squeeze in a walk or two on your trip. :)

Hey, everyone! I have been MIA the last few weeks. Life has been hectic, but mostly in a fun way. :)
I have to rethink my weightlifting strategy. It seems the more I lift weights, the hungrier I get, so I have been eating more and not getting enough cardio, I think. For me to keep the weight down, I need cardio, I guess (I'm old, so keeping weight off, which has always been a challenge for me, is an even bigger challenge).

I can't seem to fit in enough cardio when I focus on the weights, so I think I have gained a couple of pounds. I'm not sure how many, because I need batteries for the scale. I'm also hesitant to even step on it, because my relationship with the scale has always been love/hate...mostly hate, haha. That said, I have this one pair of jeans I try on every week to see how they fit. They still fit, but they are a bit tighter in the waist. Sooooo, before this gets out of hand, I need to scale back on the treats (no pun intended, hah!), and get back to a little more cardio. I'm thinking I need more workouts like the 30-day shred, which combines cardio and some strength training/toning. I know lifting is good for my bones and whatnot, but I'm just not liking the increased appetite. Sigh.

Throw the scales away or donate them to a charity shop. If you gain a few kilos, it's not the end of the world, considering you are slim.:)

Scorpius, I hope you are having a better day today. :) :hug:
Oh, thank you! I am! I was having a really hard time with anxiety and a lot of unstructured time last week. The unstructured time won't be a problem this week as I'm back to working 3 days a week and school for 2. [emoji14]
Throw the scales away or donate them to a charity shop. If you gain a few kilos, it's not the end of the world, considering you are slim.:)
Agreed!!

LOL on the scale. I probably should ditch it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.