Lump on Cat’s Throat

HappyRoxy

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Only a couple of weeks after losing our dear Halo, our little Moby has had a golf ball size lump appear on his throat seemingly overnight.

It is not painful to touch, and this worries me. The vet opens in a couple of hours, I will call then and hopefully they can see him this morning.

I am beside myself with worry. Has anyone had an experience with anything like this?

Only a couple of weeks after losing our dear Halo, our little Moby has had a golf ball size lump appear on his throat seemingly overnight.

It is not painful to touch, and this worries me. The vet opens in a couple of hours, I will call then and hopefully they can see him this morning.

I am beside myself with worry. Has anyone had an experience with anything like this?
I wish you the best as it could be as little as a benign cyst.
I've gone through so much with all the cats we've had through the years. I have have tumors removed and biopsied that turned out to be nothing
I've also had cancers.

Is Moby exhibiting any other symptoms? Lack of appetite or Weight loss? Noisy breathing or change in voice? I hope the vet can see him soon and that it's nothing serious. 💙

Reactions: HappyRoxy
We have been to the vet, who determined it was an abscess. He has drained quite a bit of puss out, but Moby was quite sure he didn't like what was happening. So, we have had to leave him there, so the vet can sedate him, give him a local anesthetic, finish draining the puss, see if he can find a foreign body (possibly a grass seed) and then bring him home to us later this afternoon. Poor little Moby. This must be terribly traumatic for him. I am glad there was no lymph node involvement.

That is a relief!
Immediately reminded me of Mimi. She had been through so much, and finding a lump, literally overnight, turned out to be cancer, and very fast. She was given a shot that had good results of remission, but died within days, thankfully seemingly peacefully.
I miss her so much.

Attachments

• Mimi.jpg
    Mimi.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 10
That is a relief!
Immediately reminded me of Mimi. She had been through so much, and finding a lump, literally overnight, turned out to be cancer, and very fast. She was given a shot that had good results of remission, but died within days, thankfully seemingly peacefully.
I miss her so much.
Oh what a beautiful girl, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

@silva sorry about Mimi. I love torties…she looks like my Joon.

@HappyRoxy I’m glad it wasn’t anything more serious. I hope he's home soon and on the mend.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyRoxy
Here he is with big eyes and a little bit of blood on his neck, after he came home. The wound needs to remain open so it can continue to drain for a couple of days. He’s very quiet tonight, as we expected.

Attachments

• C7DBD356-0008-4785-97F9-3561E1FBA787.jpeg
    C7DBD356-0008-4785-97F9-3561E1FBA787.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11