Please Help Save Benny

Veggiemama

Forum Senior
Reaction score
http://www.gofundme.com/75evzk?preview=1

I'm trying to help my nieces raise money to save their dog.They just lost their dog of 15 years this past Summer and now their other dog, Benny, (He's only 4) has been having MAJOR medical issues. About 6 weeks ago, within a matter of days, he grew a HUGE tennis ball sized lump on his throat. They took him to the vet, put him on antibiotics and he was on them for about a month. Then he started walking into things and walking sideways. We thought it was maybe from the antibiotics so we took him off of them but it continued. THey brought him back to the vet and scheduled surgery to remove the lump. When they did surgery they were able to remove it but weren't able to get it all. It was wrapped around a lot of his nerves and very close to his jugular vein.

He ended up staying in the hospital for four days instead of only one as he was experiencing a lot of blood loss and drainage. They were told that it turned out the lump was NOT an infection but cancer. A few days after the cancer diagnosis they got the results back and were told it was NOT cancer so my sister and brother in law and my two nieces have been emotional wrecks.

After four days he was brought home with a drainage tube but they started having issues with it after a couple days. They brought him BACK to the vet and he ended up having a seizure while he was there. They gave him medicine for the seizure, fixed the tube and brought him home but last night he lost his eyesight.

He's falling down the stairs and running into everything and the vet says he needs to go see a neurologist. They've spent about $3,000 already and are running out of money to get him the care he needs. They said it will be about $4500-$5000 for the neurologist appt and they just cannot afford it. They've been though SO much in the past 6 months with losing their first dog and now all the problems with Benny. I'm just trying to help in any way possible.

Please donate, even if it's a buck or two, share this page or message me if you know of any resources we can go to for help.