Animal Advocacy Local Car Dealer Listens To AR and Does the Right Thing

L

led.boots

A local car dealership had planned a big sales event featuring a tiger in a cage in the parking lot in 90+ degree Florida heat. After a nice person put it up on Facebook, the likes and comments resulted in this letter:

Dimmitt Automotive Group: To all of you that were involved: Thank you very much for your calls and e-mails. Your opinion and input have influenced our decision to cancel the "Big Cat Display" that was initially planned for tomorrow's event. We are an eighty-seven year old family owned organization with an unwavering commitment to our community and philanthropy, including many causes that support the humane treatment of animals. We will continue our service, and we are grateful that you care enough to do the same. You are all welcome to join us at either of our locations in St Petersburg or Clearwater any time! Jul 26 ·

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344039895036.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344039895036.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 210
I was one of the people who called when I saw an alert go out by Big Cat Rescue. :D
Although as soon as I said I was calling about the Big Cat display, the girl said "Why do you people keep calling us?" and hung up on me. o_O

I was one of the people who called when I saw an alert go out by Big Cat Rescue. :D
Although as soon as I said I was calling about the Big Cat display, the girl said "Why do you people keep calling us?" and hung up on me. o_O
Yay for you Callie! My daughter and some of her friends saw it on Facebook and contacted them as well. I can't believe she hung up on you! :D

Reactions: AspireToExpire
I'm really, really glad they changed their minds about using that poor tiger, though I'm confused on one part of their statement: "...including many causes that support the humane treatment of animals." :???:If they were, wouldn't they have not wanted to do it in the first place?
I'm glad, though, that they were receptive about it instead of just shrugging and doing it anyway. :up:

I'm really, really glad they changed their minds about using that poor tiger, though I'm confused on one part of their statement: "...including many causes that support the humane treatment of animals." :???:If they were, wouldn't they have not wanted to do it in the first place?
I'm glad, though, that they were receptive about it instead of just shrugging and doing it anyway. :up:
I emailed the owner thanking him for canceling the horror fest, and I asked him about specifics of his support for the humane tx of animals. I'll post his reply if I get one. I was polite, so we'll see. :)