Last Thing You Bought?

I ordered a computer chair. It isn't as fancy as the one I initially wanted but I couldn't find one like it at a reasonable price.
Have you noticed that if you click on price history you have the option to set a price alert to whatever you want and get an email if it hit's that price?
As much as i hate amazon I will buy if it's the best deal
 
As usual, the last thing I bought was a book. This one by the "second Buddha," Nagarjuna from the 2nd century. He argued that nothing exists independently by means of the concept of "emptiness," which isn't nihilism, but a concept that means nothing has inherent existence. In other words, things are "empty" of inherent existence. Things exist because other things exist. Things exist in relation to other things. Things need "everything" in order to exist. Nothing exists without other things existing. Roughly, the book argues that "all things are connected," something that modern quantum physics is starting to provide evidence for at the subatomic level (physicist Carlo Rovelli has a chapter on Nagarjuna in his book "Helgoland"). Not that the connection and interdependence of things needs a lot of argument even on an everyday level. It's not easy going, but satisfying.

1791048416414.png
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and 4silva
Whew! That was challenging! I worked up a sweat putting that chair together! It would have helped if the instructions had WORDS instead of just diagrams. The chair is not perfect. I thought it reclined but it doesn't but I looked at so many I probably just got mixed up. It's a nice faux leather that will be easy to clean and it looks nice. The arms are a little high for me but that is not the chair's fault that I am so short. LOL
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52