KFC vegan chicken in Orange County! Sold Out!

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
On July 20th (a couple of weeks ago) KFC started offering its meatless Beyond Chicken nuggets in Los Angeles and Orange County.

The nuggets were offered while supplies lasted, and they have already completely sold out in Orange County. I'm hoping this means that Beyond Chicken will become a regular menu item at KFC.

Note that KFC's Beyond Chicken is fried in the same oil as their chicken - the intended customers are flexitarians, not necessarily vegetarians. Nevertheless, I'm really hoping this will encourage the general public to choose more meatless options.

I'm not sure but I don't think vegetarians are too concerned with Cross contamination.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm not sure but I don't think vegetarians are too concerned with Cross contamination.

Well, it depends on the individual vegetarian. Some won’t care, but some will.

Even though I live in Los Angeles County, I’m in no rush to head to KFC for their vegan chicken. It’s still icky, greasy fast food served by a company with questionable ethics, and I haven’t been inside a KFC since, I think, 1987, so I want to keep my streak alive. 🤣 (I was doing the same with McDonald’s until last year when I capitulated because I was in the nearest Walmart, which has an express McDonald’s, and I wanted something for lunch before doing my shopping. Never again.)

I wonder if it were more due to limited supply?
I wonder how long before we can get a real vegan fast food place?
I could never deal with the smell. I drove past a chikfila and was gagging!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
At least they are expanding, I remember when they were only in California, when I went there my first time. Went to one in Chicago before the pandemic. I hope they continue to grow and expand, Veggie Grill is awesome.