UK JO's Pizza with Grapes-Underfire!

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I saw JO's show where he used grapes when making a pizza and it would seem that this recipe has received quite a few conflicting comments: Some like pineapple on their pizza whilst others say it's a no no:
I actually thought that it looked delicious and will be making a plant based version using some Granose Lincolnshire style sausage mix and Violife.

Jamie Oliver left Good Morning Britain hosts Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard locked in debate over a unique choice in pizza topping. Last night the chef and dad-of-five shared one of his latest creations on Instagram – but baffled fans by revealing he’d made a family pizza with cooked grapes as a topping.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Log in to Facebook

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I didn't understand that thread title. :joy:

I like pineapple on pizza, I've never had grapes.

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas
Personally I don’t want Any fruit on my pizza, Except tomatoes of course...

I do like pineapple on pizza--it gets that caramelization. I like sweet and salty and it's perfect with olives
Grapes I'm gonna say no, they're not good hot, the texture I imagine would be nasty

I've made taco pizza with Trader Joes soy chorizo, that sounds so good right now! Maybe Friday night!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I didn't know they were ever served cooked.

I just did a search. Jamie Oliver again. :joy:

Roasted Grapes with Cheese | Jamie Oliver

I like to use grapes in baking and also when making roast dishes. They give a slightly sweetish and caramelised taste to the dish.
I think that JO's pizza looks fabulous and can be plant based. I don't get pb mozza over here so will use Violife. I have 2 packs in the freezer.

Wild Rice with Roasted Grapes and Walnuts | Oh My Veggies

• Informative
My grandmother would make a grape kuchen (sp?) and it was yucky to me warm, but was good when cold
I couldn't remember why I'd have ever had hot grapes :laughing:
And with pizza sauce? No for me

• Friendly