Jesus was a vegetarian!

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
... says PeTA.

Well, was he? Please discuss. (I can't believe we didn't have this thread already!)

I think there are parts of the story that include Jesus eating fish.

Christian/Catholic no meat Fridays allow the consumption of fish too, so that point kinda blows.

Well it is at least the most believable claim I've heard about Jesus and his doings.

It is an engaging question no doubt. But whether Jesus was veg or not, one would have to assume that Christians actually practice Christ's teachings...and there isn't much evidence of that.

Didn't Jesus accept charity and eat whatever was given to him?So if he did how does that make him vegetarian?

More on topic ..

Even the accounts of those disciples excluded from the official bible (The Gnostic Gospels) give little reason to believe that the biblical version of Jesus was vegetarian.

The Essene Jesus most definitely was though ...

... Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in his bowels their bowels to decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death. For only in the service of your Heavenly Father are your debts of seven years forgiven in seven days. But Satan forgives you nothing and you must pay him for all. 'Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot; burning for burning, wound for wound; life for life, death for death.' For the wages of sin is death. Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death ...

Jesus also drank wine which back then was filtered with some type of animal product. Also animal products could be added to wine such as gelatin,bull's blood and many other things besides grapes.Sometimes wine was also fermented in wine skins which of course were made with the skin of animals.