Jennifer Lopez goes vegan

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
[...]The star told New York radio station Z100: 'Being vegan, it's basically no diary, no meat, everything is plant based and from the ground. Butter is the one thing I miss!'

The I Luh Ya Papi hitmaker claims she would encourage others to go vegan and cut out meat, eggs, dairy products and other animal-derived ingredients all together, because it makes her feel good.

She said: 'You do feel better. I do recommend the vegan diet because you wake up and feel great!'
[...]
Vegans often live on a diet of grains, beans, legumes, vegetables and fruits and Jennifer can also indulge in vegan hot dogs, ice cream, cheese and vegan mayonnaise.
Full story: 'I miss butter!' Jennifer Lopez follows in Beyonce's footsteps as she cuts out dairy and meat for new vegan diet (Daily Mail, 13. May 2014)

Hah, they misspelt it as "diary".

Well, fur aside, I wonder how long she can adhere to the lifestyle.

Butter was one of the easiest things for me to replace.
I was only able to give up cheese because the daiya wedges satisfied my cravings. The other cheese subs I tried just made it worse (including the shreds)
Anyway, butter? Earth Balance, yo!

Reactions: Amy SF and ledboots
Earth Balance tastes so much like butter that I don't miss actual butter.

Eh, it probably won't last. She'll be one of those celebrities who turn up on one of the talk shows telling the host about how much she craved a "real" hamburger and finally caved.

I can't see it lasting long, either :/
Hopefully she inspires other people to go vegan, though.
Someone on a forum inspired me to go vegetarian, and a few months later she started eating meat again. I remained vegetarian, though :)

Last edited:
they are expensive but you should really try kite hill white alder (only at whole foods), treeline hard cheeses, and punk rawk labs smoked cashew cheese.
I know :p Never saw that at Whole Foods, but I'll look harder at the vegan cheese section next time.

Last edited: