It's my baby shower and i'm a vegan

Kimberlys91

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So I'm a vegan and pregnant. My sister is throwing me a baby shower, she is not vegan. Actually I'm the only vegan I know personally. I asked her to make all the food options vegan and she flat out said no but she would make a few vegan options and the rest would be meat. Both my mother and mother in law would agree with her because they eat meat. I get that I'm the only vegan and if I was going to a party for anyone else who is not vegan I wouldn't expect a vegan menu. But it's my shower and I want an all vegan menu. I am honestly so upset I want to boycott my own baby shower. What do I do?

Reactions: Madison Fragillan
I expect she is under pressure from those invited to make sure there is food they are happy to eat, so she's between a rock and a hard place. More to the point will all the presents be cruelty-free? I agree that you need to start educating your family and friends so that they understand that your baby will most likely be vegan, and the baby shower would be an excellent opportunity to address that. Have a chat to her about it, so that she understands that you are trying to make a precedent so that everyone knows not to feed your child animal based products. If you are planning to bring up your baby as a vegan you will have a battle on your hands, maybe you need to buy them all books on raising vegan children. :)