Is honey vegan?

I think it should be possible to genetically breed zombie bees without brains, and they could be milked for their "bee vomit".

I bet bees actually do vomit in their honeycombs, just to get revenge.

Yes, and anybody who says otherwise is just holier-than-thou and if they care so much about animals they should load their computer onto their high horse with all other modern possessions, send it all to an environmentally friendly recycling centre and retire into the forest, being careful not to step on any bugs on the way.

I am not "holier than thou", but don't consider honey to be vegan.
Neither do the Vegan Society - that, & the fact that there's much abuse involved is enough for me.
If shellac is not vegan, how can honey be?

Neither do the Vegan Society - that, & the fact that there's much abuse involved is enough for me.

I think the people posting are just kidding around.:p :D

I think they call themselves Beegans if they have a vegan diet but include honey. I have yet to meet such a person in real life though (fortunately).

You're totally right, I was just kidding. I tried to fit as many annoying phrases in there as I could :)

Also - does anyone else just not like the taste of honey? Even before I was vegan I hated the stuff.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Not a honey thread!!!!!!!

And yes, the taste of honey is blaaagghhrhrhhhhhhhhhhhyucky

Peewit, glad to see you were able to think up a new password ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Not a honey thread!!!!!!!

And yes, the taste of honey is blaaagghhrhrhhhhhhhhhhhyucky

Peewit, glad to see you were able to think up a new password ;)

Lol, thank you! I sat on the sign-up page for at least 30 minutes, trying to think of one that I would
remember!

Many moons ago, in a galaxy far far away...

The Vegan Society left honey up to the "individual conscience."
I think they (rightly) changed it in early 90's.

I realise now that this thread is an in-joke :( ;)

I have been foolish & deluded, & I am a bear of no brain at all.
(The bear who does eat honey.)

Haha don't worry about it. The honey thread was a bit infamous on VB :)

Well Honey is all well and good, But what if I get eggs from my friends farm where I know the chickens are happy?