Question Is honey vegan?

It's a common thing for men to be 'against' neutering their dogs. I don't get it, is it a pride thing, or a transference issue perhaps??
I think men know how important their human testicles and their hormones are to their behavior, looks, emotions, etc, and they feel bad for changing their dog or cat.

Plus thinking about the tenderness of the testicles makes some men shudder to think of a surgery in that area. In humans, although vasectomy (just the vas deferens, not the testicles!) in men is easy and very low risk, more couples here elect for the female partner to get her fallopian tubes tied, though it is a more risky and painful surgery and recovery.

And honey is NOT VEGAN for the zillionth time. If you want to eat it, be a beegan or buzzgan or whatever you want. And enjoy your bee vomit. :/

So it's a transference issue. That's what I figured. Weird. Spaying females pets is much more invasive and still jacks up all sorts of hormones, but I don't think it's cruel or unusual in any way.
Now breeding pets, or letting them get impregnated over and over and over again . . . that's cruel in my opinion.

View attachment 7080

it's not really vomit though is it....it is food for bees...and bears.
"After visiting nearby flowers, bees collect and store pollen in their honey stomachs (separate from their regular stomachs). They then secret saliva to add enzymes into the honey stomach, which creates the honey.

The bees fly back to the hive with fresh honey in their bellies and will intentionally vomit the honey into the stomach of another worker bee.

The new worker bee will secrete more enzymes into the honey and then vomit into another bee’s stomach. This process is repeated numerous times until it is finally regurgitated onto the honeycomb.

The final step involves bees fanning the honeycomb with their wings to evaporate excess water and make the honey nice and gooey.

At this point humans come along and steal the honey from the beehive, package it, sell it, and eat it." Bee Vomit and the True Story of Making Honey Taste Sooooo Good

Vomiting is different from regurgitation, although the two terms are often used interchangeably. Regurgitation is the return of undigested food back up the esophagus to the mouth, without the force and displeasure associated with vomiting. The causes of vomiting and regurgitation are generally different.
Vomiting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

when cows chew the cud, they aren't chewing their vomit.

do birds feed their young with vomit?

I always felt weird about eating stuff that came out of a bee's head.....I prefer syrup...which I also don't have due to diabetes.

Interesting. Now we are getting a religious angle to this discussion.
Blob afraid of dogs being testicle-less in whatever afterlife is foreseen for them, and dog vomit from a biblical perspective.

To be honest, it also concerns me when I hear pet owners (I say pet owner here, and not animal companion, because most of these people are not vegans, nor overly concerned about animal rights) talk about neutering their dogs "so they don't stink" and so on.

Not that I would transfer some kind of castration fear to animals, but rather that I think this might be a very selfish reason on behalf of the pet owner and that the well-being of the animal is not really the main issue here.

just to go back to the 'bee vomit' thing:

is that a fair representation of one of the members of the animal kingdom?
If you told people that your (human)neighbour fed their kids, and their guests their vomit, how do you think that neighbour would feel, if they heard the rumour?
Honey is a product of the evolution of some bee species, as a means to feed themselves, and others. In nature it is their food. It is 'regurgitated'; it is not the product of the bee's illness.

• Hymenoptera
    hymenopteran: Internal structure
    In stinging forms the esophagus enlarges near the stomach into a crop, or honey stomach, which serves as a reservoir for liquids to be later regurgitated. In honey ant repletes, the crop may be greatly distended. In honeybees, it may contain as much as 75 milligrams (0.003 ounce) of nectar, which can be about one-third the insect’s total weight. In bees and wasps, the stomach, or ventriculus,...
honey stomach | anatomy | Britannica.com
550xNxhoneybee-stomach.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fktgdSOt_L.jpg

Honey comes from an adapted stomach specifically evolved to contain honey and nectar.

When a bee detects smoke, its evolved response is to start consuming honey,because it has adapted to 'assume' that the hive may be in danger, and the bees may need to swarm, and set up a new hive, so they will need the honey....I assume it goes into the honey stomach. This is why bee hive keepers use smoke to distract the bees.

Saying that animals feed their young and each other vomit, seems like an unpleasant representation of nature, and counter-productive to supporters of nature,to me.

If you want to put people off honey, just sticking to the facts, I think would be better. Honey comes from a bee's head....if that's not weird enough for people, maybe nothing would be. :D

Last edited:
I wish I had known that this was a "test" thread or "joke" thread before I posted in it.

I believe that honey is not vegan because it comes from bees, and that is the same as it coming from an animal. But I am not 100 percent positive since I am not a vegan.:ma:

My vegan friend does consume honey. She use to be a bee farmer. I don't see how honey is anything except a natural product of nature!

My vegan friend does consume honey. She use to be a bee farmer. I don't see how honey is anything except a natural product of nature!

You know what is also a 'natural product of nature'?

Venison.

Anything goes. It's from nature. Everything is sourced back to nature.

Shove some plastic in your mouth! If you trace the production process back far enough, it's organic! Organic is a nice word! Nature!

Go ahead and just eat a whole live snake! Natural product of nature!