Ipod help?

Alice-Bee

Mad as A Hatter
Reaction score
I need advice. Google isnt helping because my problem is so specific...My mams ipod nano (4th Gen) wont play music.
If it was working normally...you choose an album, play and once its finished it goes back to the track listing...yes...well the problem is that you press play to start listening to a song and it just goes back to the track listing...Ive tried turning it off and also holding MENU and the centre button to reset it...nothing works...any suggestions?

So the music doesn't play at all, or it just plays one song before going back to the menu (instead of the entire album)?

Is it one album in particular, or several different albums?

Its all songs, albums and artists...
It doesnt play the music at all...you scroll to a song you want to play, click it and it flashes up for a second and goes back to the song listing without playing... :/ most odd.

In that case, I agree with Annia. Restore it via iTunes on a computer and re-sync the music. Just syncing with iTunes might also fix it? Idk, but worth a try.

I had that happen to my old iPod shuffle once, and there was some memory error that caused it not to read any of the music files, but they still showed as there. I fixed it by restoring then putting the music back on it.

If you don't have access to the original music files, try making a backup first, restore to original factory settings, then restore from backup. That could just replicate the error, but again worth trying.

Also there are programmes you can use to rip the tracks from your iPod to your computer, if you don't have the original files. I use CopyTrans. I did pay about £15 for the full version but I've used it so many times over the years it was well worth it. There are probably free programmes but often you can only do 5 tracks at a time or it will only do the first 2/3rds of the track, so be careful.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Ended up doing a restore. I was worried as she has an ipad synced to the same itunes. It worked fine though and the ipod is working again :)